Monday, January 5, 2009

Our Christmas House

Okay...I'm still trying to get use to this whole blogging thing, so I'm not very good at it yet. But, I finally figured out (with the help of my husband, and after about five conversations with my sister) how to post pictures. Tim and I asked my parents for a digital camera for Christmas, and lucky for us, we got one! We can finally join the rest of the world in advancing to the digital era. I know, we're a little slow, but the point is...we have advanced! I wanted to post some pictures of our Christmas decorations that we had this year. It's amazing how year after year, I still have a hard time decorating my house for the holidays and getting everything to look just right. Maybe its because it feels like I have to decorate a new house every year. This is the last Christmas our tree will look this way, I'm planning on renovating it next year. This is actually the third place we put the tree. I wasn't very happy about it either. That's what happens when you have a 7 1/2 foot tree in a basement with ceilings that are 6 1/2 feet.


This is possibly my most favorite Christmas decoration. A couple years ago, Tim gave me the main part of the nativity as a surprise before Christmas. This year, my grandma gave me the rest of the pieces to complete it.



Hopefully next year, we'll still be in the same place, so I won't have to figure out how to decorate somewhere new again! Lucky for me, I love decorating anyway!






3 comments:

WRYUN said...

Cute, you did a good job! I love that nativity, my mom started giving all the girl's in our family the set years ago, and mine is almost finally complete, now I'm just looking for extras to add to it.

Allyson said...

nice tree! i think i have the same one! HMmmmm.....wierd! wonder why?

jake.shalise said...

I didn't know you had a blog yet! I was suppose to be the first to know ha ha! JK! It's very cute! I love it! Most of all I miss you!