Thursday, January 1, 2009

A Very Disney Christmas!


For Christmas this year, Tim and I went with my parents to the happiest place on earth. I never actually thought that I would spend Christmas anywhere but at home, and I have to admit, it was a little strange waking up Christmas morning in a hotel room a couple hundred miles from home, but we had a lot of fun. Tim and I exchanged our yearly tradition of Christmas pajamas on Christmas Eve, and on Christmas morning, we opened our Christmas stockings that we had done for each other. After a delicious continental Christmas breakfast, we headed to Disneyland. It was cold, and it was wet. It rained almost the whole day, but luckily for us, no one likes to go to Disneyland when its raining, and so it wasn't very crowded. I didn't really think Disneyland could get much more magical, but that's because I had never been during the holidays before. It was beautiful. Everything was decorated and festive. They even made it snow on main street! It was so fun to be there with my mom and dad. They hadn't been since I was 11 or 12, so there were a lot of new things. My dad was really excited for the Indiana Jones ride, and Tim and I were excited to take them both on Soarin' California. I'm pretty sure they had just as good of a time as we did. All in all, it was a really good day.
Tim and I spent Friday and Saturday in Disneyland as well. In fact, we spent a total of 17 hours in Disneyland on Saturday, and proud of it! I don't know that my feet will ever recover! On Saturday, one of the workers asked us if we were celebrating anything special. We told her that we were there to celebrate Christmas, and then Tim mentioned that it was his birthday on Monday. Well...she got very excited and pulled a birthday button out of her pocket, wrote his name on it (which she didn't know how to spell...really how hard is it to spell Tim?) and gave it to him to wear the rest of the day. It was really fun because all the workers then wished Tim and happy birthday.
Sunday we headed home to the snow! I know its weird, but Tim and I were a little sad we weren't here for the bountious snow fall. We both love it when it snows, especially when it snows a lot! It was fun to see all the snow piled up in our yard. Tim had to shovel a path for our dog, Poodie, so that she wouldn't get buried in the snow.
We both had a wonderful Christmas this year. I am especially grateful for the holidays, and the chance it gives us to think even more about our Savior, and his life on this earth. We are both so grateful for the gospel and the joy it brings to our life. We hope that all of you had a wonderful Christmas, and will have a wonderful new year!

4 comments:

Allyson said...

we want pictures!!

WRYUN said...

Ditto!! I thought Santa was supposed to bring you a camera???? Sounds like you guys had a great time though. Ryan and I love that place, and can't wait to go back. Christmas time would be perfect with all the decorations...

Missy said...

Remember when we were in the parade? That was so much fun, but probably not as fun as being there on Christmas. I'm glad you guys had fun!

The Larchars said...

Wow! You have the cutest displays ever! I love to see how you decorate. You are so gifted at that! And I am super excited you finally have a blog. It is BEAUTIFUL!!!! GREAT job! I'm glad to be able to keep in touch with you better now!