Monday, February 16, 2009

Valentines Day



Tim worked on Valentines Day this year, but got off early so we could go out to lunch and spend some quality time together. When he walked through the door after work, he had these beautiful flowers for me! My most favorite flower is the gerber daisy. It is just the happiest flower, and comes in all sorts of bright and beautiful colors. I remember the very first Valentines Day we had together. We had just started dating a few weeks before, and so I wasn't really expecting anything. We had an early morning concert chior practice the day of Valentines Day, so we had to be to school at 7:00. After the practice, Tim asked me to walk to his locker with him. When he opened it up, he pulled out three beautiful gerber daisies! I was so shocked! I remembered telling him how much I loved gerber daisies, but I never guessed he would have been paying enough attention to remember. From that moment on, I was hooked on him. I carried those gerber daisies around that day feeling like the most special girl in school. Every now and then, Tim will surprise me with gerber daisies. I'm not one for roses, although I think they're beautiful, I would rather be surprised with flowers that makes me smile. Tim totally spoiled me this year with a dozen.

For the rest of the day...we went to lunch at the Hungry Bear inside the Quilted Bear (Tim spoiled me once again), and then spent an hour or so at a surprise party for my Uncle Mike. He turned 60, so my Aunt Sue went all out for him. After the party, we hurried over to the Desert Star and enjoyed their new show "Home School Musical". I totally recommend it! I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. When we got home, we snuggled on the couch, watched "The Notebook", and ate some delicious strawberries. I think my most favorite part of the day was when I got the card Tim made me. Every year since we've been married, Tim has made me a card for Valentines Day. He gets really creative, and I'm always impressed with how much effort he puts into them. I know that he spends a lot of time making sure that it looks exactly right. He even used twine and my crafty scissors!



I am so grateful to be blessed with such an incredible husband. He is so good to me, and makes me feel like I am the most beautiful woman in the world all the time. He is truely my greatest blessing, and I love him so much. Thanks for all you do sweetheart! Happy Valentines Day!

3 comments:

Darrell said...

Gerber Daisies are Janell's favorite too! I'm glad that I did a little blog surfing to see your's. It is always great to get caught up with some of my greatest high school friends.

Allyson said...

tim you need to teach marriage 101!
you need to tell all those guys who are getting married what to do.
Give theo some lessons too.

Carrie said...

This is a while after Valentine's but I'm glad it was so good for you! Hope everything is going well.