Sunday, March 22, 2009

So Grateful!


Tim and I had the opportunity to go to the Draper Temple Dedication today. There are so many things that I am grateful for as a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. There are so many aspects of our religion that bring me so much joy and happiness. But, one of the greatest blessings we have is that of our temples. I remember flying is one night from a trip to California, and the plane couldn't land because another plane was on the runway, so we had to swing around and come back. As our plane turned around, my window faced downtown Salt Lake. The sun was just starting to go down, and the city had that glowing look that sometimes happens right before the sun sets. The temple looked incredible. It was so beautiful. I remember thinking to myself..."I'm going to get married there someday"...

Sitting in the chapel today I felt overwhelming gratitude for our Heavenly Father and Savior. I am so grateful we have the most beautiful buildings to go to and participate in ordinances that will help us to be able to return to live with them again someday. I am so grateful to know that my family is eternal, that Tim and I will be together for all eternity.

There are so many things in my life that help me to know that my Heavenly Father and Savior love me. Temples are one of those things. I know that as soon as I walk into the temple, I can leave everything behind me. It's like a different world. I feel a closeness to my Savior that I can't describe, but I am so grateful for.

4 comments:

Carrie said...

Beautiful post. Thanks Ash.

jake.shalise said...

I agree I love this post! I couldn't agree more I love temples and it's such a good feeling when you enter and leave every stress out the door! The Draper temple is beautiful... just like you ;) Miss you!

Darrell said...

Temples are the best! I sure love to see the Draper everyday when I leave the parking lot at work. Thanks for the post!

The Larchars said...

What a beautiful post and picture! Thank you for sharing that! Wasn't that dedication neat? I bawled like a baby when we started singing "The Spirit of God." That always gets me every time.

Hope things are going well with you!!!