Thursday, April 16, 2009

Easter...what people without kids do for fun :)

I love this time of year! I love how everything starts to turn green again and flowers start to bloom, and how we can finally go outside without bundling all up to keep from freezing to death...and I love Easter egg hunts! Every year since Tim and I got married I have sent him on an Easter egg hunt...and every year its been cold and wet outside, so the hunt has had to be indoors, that is...until this year! It was a beautiful day! So, after church, I went outdoors to hide the goodie filled eggs, and let me tell you...hiding eggs outside is so much better than hiding them inside! I had so many more options and places to stash them! I'm also grateful for a husband who humors me, and puts a big smile on his face while he searches for the colorful hidden treasures...I think he had fun!



Oh the things he does to make me happy! He'll do most anything to make me laugh or smile :)...I'm such a lucky girl!




I think Poodie really enjoyed being outside too...she loves to just sit in the sun. She was especially curious when Tim started to open his eggs up...I think she really wanted to taste some of the deliciousness that was inside each one!


This is just a random picture that has really nothing to do with our Easter celebrations...but I wanted to post it anyway. My mom and dad have a dog named Millie that lives upstairs, but most of the time she wants to think she lives downstairs with us. On the other hand, Poodie thinks that she lives upstairs with my mom and dad, and would prefer lots of times to be up there with them getting all cozy on their couch. So, we try to keep these french doors that separate the downstairs from the upstairs closed so we don't have runaway dogs. I came into our family room the other night and found Poodie waiting by the doors wishing to go upstairs, and Millie looking through the glass hoping I would open the doors and let her in. I just thought it was funny. Silly dogs...

On a more serious note...I am very grateful for the chance Easter gives me to reflect on my Savior. I am so thankful for the Atonement, and the resurrection of Jesus Christ. I know that He lives. I know that because of Him, I will someday be able to return to live with my Heavenly Father again and be with my family for eternity. We watched a video in young womens on Sunday called "The Easter Gift". It's cheesy, as most older church videos are, but the message was incredible. I love the gospel! I love my Heavenly Father, and I will forever be grateful for the gift of His son to the world.

3 comments:

Carrie said...

Looks like you guys had a wonderful Easter. Love ya.

WRYUN said...

What a good hubs humoring you like that! You have to have some fun though right? Next year, you should mix it up and make him hide the eggs for you though...

Stacy said...

Fun! You are such a cute wife! I'm happy that you and Tim are married, and so perfect for eachother!