Thursday, April 23, 2009

A little thing I like to call...WICKED!!!

I first heard that Wicked was coming to Utah about a year ago and at that time I thought to myself how I would really really like to go. So...when the tickets went on sale back in December, I was ready! I had Tim go and stand in line downtown at the Capitol Theatre after his morning class, and I got online to see if I could get tickets just in case. After about an hour of trying to get the website to work, I finally had two tickets in my online shopping cart. As I went to check out, the most horrible thing happened...my computer froze on me. I could have cried! All was not lost though...right? At least it would seem that way because Tim was in line downtown. Well...just before Tim got to the front of the line, they sold out of tickets. I couldn't believe that I was that unlucky. It was a very very sad day for me. So, you can imagine my surprise when I got online about a month ago just to see if maybe there was a couple of tickets available, and found two! To top that, the seats were together, four rows back! I was absolutely thrilled! I'm sure we paid too much, but let me just tell you this...it was totally worth it!


Tim and I waiting for our Trax train to take us downtown for the show!


We went to Macaroni Grill for dinner before the show, and it was delicious! We love the Macaroni Grill! Tim is enjoying the rest of my dinner...I can never eat it all, and we didn't want to take our leftovers to the theatre with us. I guess I should have let Tim finish chewing the food in his mouth before I took this picture, but oh well. He's still incredibly good looking...even with a mouth full of spaghetti!



This is a picture that I took when we were in our seats waiting for the show to start. I took a few others, just like everyone else was, but one of the worker ladies came and asked me to erase all the pictures that I had taken because I was breaking the law. I didn't erase this one though...it was too cute. I'm such a rebel! :) I didn't see her tell anyone else to erase their pictures though...



This is after the show! I love how the Capitol Theatre's sign looks all lit up!


Here we are again...waiting for the Trax train. It was such a nice night though, I'm so glad it is finally deciding to warm up outside! We could have sat there for a couple hours enjoying being ouside and downtown.

I am so glad that Tim and I were able to go! I don't think I stopped smiling during the entire show. It was amazing! The music, the costumes, the people...everything was so incredible. I woke up this morning with the songs in my head, and I've been singing them to myself all day. I hope that someday Tim and I can go and see it again. My most favorite line was "Ooh...it seems the artichoke is a little steamed". If you've seen it...you'll know what I'm talking about! But last night is definitely on my list of one of the best I've had!

4 comments:

Allyson said...

i am so glad you had fun! cute pictures!!!

WRYUN said...

So fun!! What a great way to enjoy an almost summer evening. I hear that's such a fun play, someday, we'll have to see it. Cute pix though, glad you had a great date nite together!!

Brandon and Julie said...

how so very fun, glad you two enjoyed yourself. It was great to run into at Target as well, wewill get together soon!!

jake.shalise said...

SOOOOOOOOOOO JEALOUS!!! ha ha! Looks like and sounds like you guys had a lot of fun!! I'm very glad!! I love your shirt! You two are so cute!! =)