Tim and I said goodbye to our sweet gremlin dog today. She was a part of our little family for 2 1/2 years. We adopted her from my Aunt, and we loved her with all of our hearts for the short time that we had her. I remember the first time I ever saw her...I thought she was the ugliest dog I had ever seen and wondered why I had agreed to take her home with me. But after just a few days, she grew on me to the point that I now consider her one of the cutest dogs that ever lived. She had her own little personality that would make us laugh, and I looked forward to coming home and spending my nights with her while Tim was at work. She loved Tim and me, hated Mark, and tolerated everyone else to make us happy. A few things I'll miss about my Poodie...
*How excited she would get to go outside and run around
*The way her lip would sometimes catch on her snaggle tooth
*Her little bark in the morning telling us she was ready to get up
*How excited she would get to go on a walk
*Her big red bag that we would smuggle her out of our condo in
*The way she would pretend she didn't hear us calling her
*Her cute little face dripping with water after she had a drink
*How she would follow me around the house
*Her snobbiness
*How much she loved her bed
*The way she would just curl up in our arms
*The way she looked right after she got her haircut
*Her little welcoming bark as I walked through the gate coming home
*Having her sleep with me in the mornings after Tim left for work
*How excited she would get to go upstairs with my mom and dad
*Her little look of panic if someone she didn't know tried to pick her up
*Hearing her paws as she ran across the kitchen floor
*Her little snore
*The way she would hit me with her paws when she wanted something
*Her cute squished little face
There are so many things that made us love her. She was the best dog anyone could hope for. We didn't get enough time with her, and we will always miss her. It's funny how a little animal can work their way into your heart so much that when they're gone, its like part of you left too. Goodbye Poodie, I love you.








8 comments:
The top picture of the set of three doesn't do the situation justice. We kept her bed in our closet so she wouldn't lay in there all day long. At night she would wait by my closet so she could get into bed. When we would leave the closet door open she would sometimes hop into her bed. This picture shows her in bed when the bed is almost completely sideways instead of being flat on the ground. The second picture looks like she is scratching her back, she isn't, she is sleeping. I'll miss you Poodie!-Tim
sorry about Poodie. that's so sad, and I know how hard it is to say good bye to a loved pet. Love you guys.
Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry for your loss! I know how much you loved little poodie! So sad!
Poodie even though you hated me I will miss you a lot! but your hatred for me was entirely your mothers fault. Ashley told me that they weren't going to keep you so I felt totally justified teasing you that short time before Ashley and Tim Fell in love with you and kept you. But as they say a first impression only takes seconds but lasts a lifetime. You hated me ever since. I'll miss being able to laugh at your ugly face and that you would pretend that Beatrice didn't even exist when she would come over and try to be friends. I'll miss laughing at your giant hump on your neck after Tim and Ashley administered your IV. All in all you will be missed greatly and I hope you'll be waiting patiently for Tim and Ashley to come take care of you again in the next life. There will never be another dog like you....mostly because you were the UGLIEST dog ever made.
That was a fun little list to read, I've never had a dog so it is interesting to see how you explained her personality. No wonder people's pets always seem like a part of the family.That was very tender!
I am sorry that she is gone and I hope that you are able to find something to help fill that void.
Good luck!
That makes me SO sad! I'm so sorry about Poodie it's always so hard to lose them but she's in a much better place! I've been thinking about you lately! I miss you!
Hey Ash it's Rachel you know your favorite co-worker ever. It's so nice to see what you guys are up to since I haven't seen you in a while. I hope all is going well with school for both you and Tim. Cute blog and super cute dog.
Hey there! My sisters and mom are throwing a baby shower for me August 1st. Could you email Jenny your address so she can get the invites sent out? It'd help her out a ton! Thanks! :)
Her email address is jennyrie30@hotmail.com
Post a Comment