Monday, December 28, 2009

May All Your Days Be Merry and Bright...Just As Ours Have Been!


Merry Christmas friends! I know it's a few days late...but the spirit is still there :). Tim and I have been incredibly blessed this year, and I hope all of you had as wonderful of a year as we did. Sure, it was full of stress and the occasional trial that we all have to face every now and then, but I am very grateful for the things that we learned and how much closer every experience we had brought us together. Just to name a few exciting things that happened to the Tappana family this year:

1. Tim's brother Brig and his wife Kari added a new addition to our family in March. Lydia is adorable, and we love her so much! It's been nice to have a niece so close to home.
2. Tim started his program up at the University of Utah. He's loving it...and I'm loving how much closer it's bringing us to applying for medical school (finally!).
3. My brother Adam got married in May, and made one of the best additions to our family that we have ever had. Not only did I get another sister (whom I love very much), but also a nephew (whom I also love very much).
4. Tim's brother Sammy got married the day after my brother did, and that also made another one of the best additions to our family that we have ever had. We love Caitlin!
5. Tim had the opportunity to baptize our niece Hailey in June. I can't believe she's eight already!
6. We celebrated our 4 year anniversary. Time flies so fast when you are as lucky as me :).
7. We went on an amazing trip to Disneyland with some of our closest friends, making it one of the best trips that we have ever been on!
8. I started my last year of Dental Hygiene school!
9. In September, we found out that we were pregnant! Expecting baby Tappana May 2010!
10. We both survived our fall semesters at school :).

I love this time of year. Life has certainly been exciting for us this past year, and I hope next year will bring even more blessings and learning experiences. I am so grateful for the gift of our Savior. I know that every good thing that Tim and I have in our lives is because of Him. I love the opportunity that this time of year brings for us to remember Christ, and all that He did for us. We both are wishing all of you well, and hoping you have a Happy New Year!

5 comments:

Tim and Ashley Tappana said...

well said sista! i can't waite for baby tappana!!!

The Larchars said...

That definitely sounds like one eventful year! But all good things!!! I hope you enjoy this next one just as much, if not more!!!

And I can't wait for baby Tappana either!!! Do they still think it's a girl?

WRYUN said...

I can't wait to find out what you're having!! Hope this year is as exciting as the past!! Merry late Christmas and Happy New Year to you guys as well!! Oh, and good luck with your last semester at school, you're going to do great!

Allyson said...

the tim and ashley comment came from me. i must of still been logged on when i commented. ooops

jake.shalise said...

I cannot wait to meet baby!! I love the list you guys have had an awesome year with weddings and babies and heck this is your year to graduate.. remember when we worked together and we talked about how your going to be starting school.. CRAZYYYYY! Your seriously the best person I've EVER worked with and I'm not just saying that. Miss you Ash!