Monday, December 28, 2009

Merry Christmas and a Brand New Ugly Sweater To You!


Something very exciting happened this year for Tim and I. Something that neither one of us had ever experienced before. Something that brought us great joy and happiness. We were invited to our very first ugly sweater party! Now...I know all of you are thinking that we must be pretty lame to get excited over such a silly occasion...and that we must not have very many friends, if any at all. But, it certainly made the top ten list of our Christmas experiences. It doesn't take much to make this Tappana couple happy :).
The festivities began at my good friend Holli's house, where we all showed up wearing our ugly best. I do have to say though...I'm pretty sure Tim's and my sweaters were the ugliest of the night! Our fellow party goers may argue that point...but the fact remains...Tim's sweater had geometric patterns on it...and it really doesn't get much worse than that!
One of the activities planned for that evening was a wonderful white elephant gift exchange. Tim and I contributed a very pretty afghan made with an arrangement of beautiful oranges and browns. I was quite proud of our gift :). The most sought after gifts though were two snuggies. I'm happy to say that Tim and I came home with one, and I love it!
The definite highlight of the night was the game we played. You work together as a couple and try to keep cards in certain places between your two bodies. For example...the first card you pick up could say something like "hand to foot" or "knee to hip". You'd then have to take the card and put it in between those two body parts. It really got funny when you'd pick up a card that said "lip to lip" or "nose to armpit". The most hilarious one by far was the ever famous "lip to bottom" card. Luckily for us...we never drew that one :). The more cards you could keep in place without dropping them, the better score you got. It was quite a fun game.

Tim and I trying our hand at the card game. We were actually pretty good at it!



Kim and Jeremy got stuck with the unfortunate "lip to bottom" card on their first draw. They actually did pretty amazing considering the awkward position they got stuck with from the beginning :).

Yet another "lip to bottom"...like a said, we were quite lucky that we didn't get this one. In fact...I think we were the only one's who didn't pick it up :).

Don't we look so happy in our ugly sweaters? Honestly...the picture doesn't even do them justice!

Ashley and Jeremy

Kim and Jeremy

Dyanna and Nick

Laurie and Jaeden

Jill and Jayden

Holli and Jeff

We had so much fun! I hope this means that there are more ugly sweater parties for us in the future. Our sweaters were just to good to use only once :).

3 comments:

Tim and Ashley Tappana said...

i'm sorry! your sweaters were not the ugliest!!! i think nicks for them mens was worse!!! eww!!!

WRYUN said...

Ok, we were invited to our first Tacky sweater party this year, and we were super excited as well!! I can't tell you how happy I was when Ryan's mom lent me her appliqued vest with Christmas trash splattered all over it! Ryan made his very own dickie. Oh, the joys of cheap pleasure!!

Studio 7 Interior Design, Kristen Rockwood said...

Aren't Ugly sweater parties the best!!! It was good seeing you a minute the other day! Sorry I didn't talk much, I was feeling really under the weather. But congrats on the baby!!! I'm so happy for you guys! What a lucky child to have such sweet parents as you! And how do you know Ashley and Jeremy?!? Ashley is Brandon's old girlfriend and I had classes with Jeremy in college. Anyway tell them hello for us!!! HOpe you had a happy new year! xo