Yesterday was not a good day. Neither was today (for the most part). I spent last weekend in Texas at a dental hygiene boards review seminar. After three days of 10 hours classes, my brain was fried...but I was feeling confident! On Tuesday, the first of the bad news hit. As dental hygienists, we have four tests we have to take before we can get our licenses. The most major of the four being our clinical board. We found out last fall that our school was not considered as a site for testing this year. The first time that has ever happened! Stressful...yes, but we all dealt with the fact that we would have to go to Ogden or Orem. The problem came when both the schools where we could take our testing filled up within 24 hours. Something else that has never happened! Only eight of the students in our class had registered to take the test, the rest of us had been waiting for our loan money to go through so we could pay the thousands of dollars that it costs. The other options given to us were to find a patient willing to travel to Dixie, and we could take the test there. Problem number one...Dixie's test was offered right smack dab on the same day as my due date. Problem number two...the next test was offered in Phoenix two days after my due date. My only option was to be able to take the test in Orem...which wasn't looking so good. After hours on the phone with WREB (the people who give the test), our instructor was able to work out a deal with them to open 16 slots. But that's it. Just 16, even though there were 24 of us that still needed to get in. It was incredibly frustrating for me due to the fact that Orem was the only location that was a possibility for me, and yet, I still wasn't guaranteed a spot. I was beginning to think that the last 2 years of my life, and $20,000 was a waste because I wouldn't be able to get my license to practice in the end anyway. So...after many tears and prayers that all would work out, I logged onto my computer at 5:30 in the hopes that I would be lucky and quick enough to get a spot. Luckily for me...Tim was doing the same thing at work. I was able to log on after a few attempts, but when I got to the screen to enter my social...I totally went blank. I couldn't remember a number that I usually recite at least three times a week! However, Tim didn't have any problems remembering it on his end, and was able to get me registered. It felt like a huge load had been lifted off my shoulders! I had my spot.
However...that should have left eight students from my class not being able to register. Should have...but for some reason, only four students weren't able to register. Which means, four girls will get kicked out. I'm crossing my fingers it's not me.
However...that should have left eight students from my class not being able to register. Should have...but for some reason, only four students weren't able to register. Which means, four girls will get kicked out. I'm crossing my fingers it's not me.








6 comments:
Wow... that DOES sound rough. I am sorry Ashley! This is definitely going to be a tough semester it sounds like, especially being pregnant- but I'm sure Heavenly Father will bless you! I've seen miracles in my schooling when I thought things would be impossible too. Good luck!!! And, if your test is in Orem, that means you have to pass by me to get there... which means afterwards you can stop at my house and I will have dinner and anything else ready to pamper you after a long day!!!
Take care! :-)
Good Luck!!!
Oh man!! That's frustrating. I hope you don't get kicked out of the test. Keep praying, it will work out. We'll be thinking of you.
Sorry Ash! I hope everything thing works in your favor. This is stress that shouldn't be in this exciting time in your life! Good Luck!
Yuk! That is so hard! I'm sorry Ashley! I'll keep ya in my prayers!!
Ash! I hope everything works out for you.. you totally deserve this more than anything! I think this post is a couple days old.. but hey I'm a slacker! I will be thinking of you.. better update as soon as you know! Miss you!
Post a Comment