Up until about a week ago...my life has been a bucket of stress. In order to become a Dental Hygienist, you have to put yourself through two years worth of utter pain and suffering. It is a brutal program and to be quite honest...has made me question my sanity on several occasions as to why in the heck I would do this to myself. But...I'm nearing the end of the tunnel, and believe it or not...I can see the light.
I took the written national board a little over a week ago. The written board is a terrible, awful, no good, very bad thing. It brought my life so much stress and anguish that I'm surprised Tim didn't move out during the whole time I studied for it. I'm sure I was not the easiest person to live with because I pretty much only studied, ate, and slept for about two months. Our house was a disaster, and he was pretty much left to fend for himself. I'm sure a lot of you thought we had fallen off the face of the earth entirely.As soon as I walked out of the six hour exam I felt so much relief. But...today was the day of judgement as I got my results in the mail. My mom called me, informed me that it had come, and then told me she was going to open it. I didn't want her to. In fact, I was planning on coming home, locking myself in a closet, and then after reading the results...crying myself to sleep. This was not acceptable to my mother however...and she opened it anyway. When she told me my score, I literally screamed outloud. After hours and hours of studying...it paid off. I passed!
So...with 26 days left and three boards to go, I'm finally on the downhill side of things. Lets just hope my next three tests go as well as the first one did...








10 comments:
Yeah! I'm so glad you passed! I had a similar feeling (I'm sure they are not comparable but...) when I took my nursing boards, months of studying after I graduated- all reduced to one stupid test... I remember I made Marcel look to see if I passed because I was so sure I failed it! It's such a relief huh?
Lynnell
congratulations that is so awesome. So glad you passed, good luck with the rest!!!
Yay!!!! So happy for you!
I am so glad you got a great score! you deserve it! And just think, you did it PREGNANT, which says a ton more about you... because we all know what happens to the brain during pregnancy!
Good job!!! I am so happy for you!!!
Of course you did AWESOME! You're so dedicated to everything that there is NO way you wouldn't pass. Congrats and I'm glad your on the brighter end of school. Good luck!
YAY!!! Congragulations! What a relief that one is over with. Good luck with the others. I know you'll do great!
Ashley Tappana!! You freakin ROCK girl! I'm sooooo happy for you!!! Your going to do awesome! I can't believe your almost done.. didn't you just leave from teaching me how to do your job?? ha ha
LOVE YOU!
Congrats!!! Good Luck on the next ones, you'll do great! plus, if you just think about how soon the baby is coming, the test won't seem that crazy, and before you know it, you'll be done!
Good job Ash! I knew you could do it! You're such a smartie pants! So much smarter than me!
Congrats! I am so proud of you!!
Post a Comment