I had an experience today that totally shocked me. Maybe it's because of all my wacked out hormones...but, needless to say, I was not a happy pregnant chick this afternoon!
My cute little brother Jake has started trying to build his way in a company called Send Out Cards. I wanted to be a supportive older sister, so I agreed to go to a meeting with him today about the company. When I walked into the room, it was packed. There was not one open seat. Now...the other thing you should know is that the majority of people in this room were men. What really ticked me off is that not one of those men offered an obviously very pregnant woman their seat. That obviously very pregnant woman being me. I had to stand for over an hour during the presentation. Honestly, it wouldn't have been that big of a deal if I weren't pregnant...but being practically nine months along...I was really starting to get uncomfortable.
What in the heck has happened to all the gentleman in the world? I can't imagine that I was the only person on the earth raised to believe that men should walk on the outside of the road, open doors, and offer their seats to a woman. But believe me...if I have any boys...they will know what it means to be chivalrous because they have a dad that treats their mom like she is a queen.
I'll get off my soapbox now :). Thanks for letting me vent!
My cute little brother Jake has started trying to build his way in a company called Send Out Cards. I wanted to be a supportive older sister, so I agreed to go to a meeting with him today about the company. When I walked into the room, it was packed. There was not one open seat. Now...the other thing you should know is that the majority of people in this room were men. What really ticked me off is that not one of those men offered an obviously very pregnant woman their seat. That obviously very pregnant woman being me. I had to stand for over an hour during the presentation. Honestly, it wouldn't have been that big of a deal if I weren't pregnant...but being practically nine months along...I was really starting to get uncomfortable.
What in the heck has happened to all the gentleman in the world? I can't imagine that I was the only person on the earth raised to believe that men should walk on the outside of the road, open doors, and offer their seats to a woman. But believe me...if I have any boys...they will know what it means to be chivalrous because they have a dad that treats their mom like she is a queen.
I'll get off my soapbox now :). Thanks for letting me vent!








8 comments:
That is just rude! Sorry!
My husband does that through his work (pays money every month to send cards out that is) I think I use his account more than he does. :)
You have every right to be upset. That's just not cool at all
I was 8 months pregnant, standing at the check out line of a store with 5 people ahead of me and 4 more behind. All of a sudden I got dizzy and couldn't breath. I had to sit where I was. The people in the line just stared at me, said nothing, except another customer (visiting from California) walked over to ask if I was ok a few minutes later. I sat in line until I got to the check stand..the cashier said, "And how are you doing today?" Amazing.
So I know how you feel. Now when I am out and see a pregnant lady, or a mother with struggling with kids (if my kids allow me) I help them. I vowed to never be like the people in that store line.
Anyways, hang in there. I'm excited for you all to have a child soon. You'll be great parents.
-Alana (Jarvis Shimai)
PS I am a sister from the Sendia Japan Mission (Just in case you were wondering who this post is from. :o) )
I understand that completely. My boss at one of our meetings offered me his chair at the head of the room when no other male did and then gave them a hard time for not offering me a seat. Not fun, but just wait, after you have her, you will be very sore, and a quick run to the store to get out of the house will be torture, especially when the lines are horrendous. Good luck and we can't wait to see your little one.
I remember I thought a guy was going to hold the door for me and he ended up letting me hodl it for him!!! I was peeved for a few days with that one!
That DOES bite! But as you say, you do have a husband that treats you like a queen- and that is priceless! At least it gives you something to look forward to every day when you come home, not matter how rough! Any woman would be ecstatic to have that kind of love and attention! I totally feel for you though- sounds like Tim needs to teach them all a lesson!!! :-)
Um first off... your baby ticker says 11 days! OH MY!!
I would have given up my seat for you any day!! I CANNOT believe how men can be! Glad we have fabulous ones that treat us right!!
Jerks!
Hi! Dude, that is so annoying!!! I can hardly stand it. I would have made a scene.... j/k.. but I completely agree with you!
Post a Comment