Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Advice. Please. Help.

For the last month or so...Emmy has woken up at 7:00 am on the dot. It doesn't matter what time she goes to bed, she still wakes up at exactly 7:00. It's like she's my own personal rooster. Only her "cockadoodledoo" typically is a wimper followed soon after by screaming :). I don't know if there is a way to break her of this habit...but if there is, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I consider myself a morning person. But...I typically like to be an 8:00 am or later morning person :). I guess I should be grateful that it's 7:00 and not 3:00. Either way, I'd still like some help from my more experienced friends. Please and thank you :).

8 comments:

Lynnell said...

Jackson is the same way. No matter what time I put him down he wakes up around 7am. Sometimes he won't cry so I just leave him in there until he makes it known he wants out. I figure I'll put him down earlier since he gets up at the same time anyway and that way he gets more sleep and I get more time at night rather than in the morning. Every kid is different though. Sorry- I ask him every morning "why won't you sleep another hour?" He only smile back. :)

Jill said...

My doctor always said, put him to bed at night, and don't go in until you're ready to get him in the morning...so, if she's old enough, and weighs enough to cry it out, I'd put her to bed at 7, and don't go in until 8 or so in the morning...hopefully she gets used to it, but if not, I would try to put her to bed as early as possible so you have more time at night...that's what we do!

M. Brigham said...

Just ignore her. That's what I'd do

Sass said...

that stinks, but you are right- it could be worse! If I am not quite ready for the day, when my little ones wake up- I usually pull them out of their bed & snuggle with them in mine. Maybe she would go back to sleep with you in your bed another hour!

Stephanie G. said...

Nathan does the same thing! But his is more of a 6am wake-up, no matter what time he goes down. But if I bring him in bed with me and let him nurse for about 5 min., he's out till 9am! So more sleep for mom hooray!! It makes a difference when I don't get home till midnight every night. You can try it and see if it makes a difference.

Carrie said...

I have no advice for getting her to sleep longer. We usually get Eli up when we get up (if he's already awake). So if that means he entertains himself for 15-60 minutes, than so be it. If he's screaming, though, we usually get him earlier. Such is the life of parenthood.

The Larchars said...

7? Grace woke up at 6 for the longest time- consider yourself lucky! :-) After eliminating her afternoon nap I finally did get her to sleep in longer though. Now she wakes up at 7:45 every day, whether she goes to bed late or on time. It's the weirdest thing, I agree. So I suppose the only advice I can give besides to echo that of Cassie, is wait it out- her schedule might change eventually. :-) Good luck!

Amber said...

7am is awesome! Eli was 6am for a year straight and just started doing that again! Babies are great little alarm clocks, unfortunately you can't pick the time. So my advice... take naps!