Friday, December 31, 2010

That Went By Fast!


2010 was a very good year for Tim and me. So many incredible things happened, and so often we were reminded of how aware our Father in Heaven is of our family, and how much He loves us. As usual, it was filled with ups and downs, but mostly blessings that helped us gain a greater appreciation of those things that are most important in life. Here's a play by play month by month of some of the events that filled the lives of these Tappana's:

January:
Tim and I found out the little being growing in my tummy was a sweet baby girl
We felt Emmy move for the first time
After 89 years on this earth, my Grandma Marker returned to her Heavenly Father
I hopped on an airplane and spent 5 days in Texas at a board review, leaving Tim for the very first time since we have been married
Tim and I were lucky enough to be seated next to Tom Cruise at the Hard Rock Cafe, had a pretty good conversation with him, and then caught a movie afterward. He's a pretty nice guy....

February:
I celebrated my 27th (yuck) birthday
Tim and I were asked to be on a local television show to tell our "story" of how we met, fell in love, and got married...as a thank you, the network gave us an all expense paid cruise to the Caribbean

March:
After 7 years of faithful employment, Tim left Bayer Healthcare and ventured on to a wonderful place called ARUP
I left Tim yet again for a 3 day trip to Lava Hot Springs with some girls from school to study for our upcoming board exams
I took the national written board exam for Dental Hygiene
I received the highest score ever recorded for the national written board exam, and was given the opportunity to tour five different states and give demonstrations on why I was so successful

April:
I took my anesthesia written and anesthesia clinical board exam for Dental Hygiene
I took my clinical board exam for Dental Hygiene
I took a break from taking exams :)
My boards patient died while I was in the middle of my test...so I was given a warning, issued a new patient, and told that if this one died, it would be an automatic fail

May:
I graduated :)
My brother and his wife had their first baby
Tim and I welcomed the first addition to our family on May 25th, a beautiful baby girl who has stolen our hearts everyday since then
Tim finished his first year in the Medical Laboratory Science program at the University of Utah
LOST aired it's finale....making the last 6 years totally worth it
President Obama personally called our family to congratulate us on our new addition, and I gave him a piece of my mind!

June:
Tim and I celebrated our 5 year anniversary...we stayed at home :)
I received my Dental Hygiene license and officially became a Dental Hygienist
Tim was offered a position with NASA and was asked to be on the first space shuttle to Mars, but turned it down because it would take away time with our family

July:
Tim blessed Emmy on July 4th
I worked my first day as a Dental Hygienist
Tim bought some illegal fireworks and accidently blew up the neighbors house up. Luckily...the lesson in Sunday school was about forgiving and forgetting...our neighbors haven't mentioned it since...

August:
Adam and Carrie blessed Mia in Las Vegas, taking us on our first road trip with a baby
We went to Disneyland with a 3 month old baby...something we swore we'd never do!
Disneyland "discovered" Emmy on our trip and begged us to sign a movie contract, but we turned it down because it only gave us visitation rights for the summer and every other Christmas

September:
Tim took the MCAT
Tim started his final year of the Medical Laboratory Sciences program at the University of Utah
I got a job! (a very, very part time job...which is exactly how I like it)
I was offered Paula's old position on American Idol, but when I found out Simon was leaving, I just didn't think it would be the same

October:
We started applying for Medical School
We went and picked pumpkins at a pumpkin patch for the very first time ever
Emmy dressed up as the cutest ladybug anyone has ever seen and went to her very first Halloween party
Tim was assaulted by a giant pickle walking down the street...but when he tried to pick him out of the line up, he chose the sweet pickle...not the dill and the dude got away (hehehehe)

November:
We started receiving secondary application requests from Medical schools
We celebrated my most favorite holiday, Thanksgiving :)
We watched Tim's beloved BYU lose their pride to the University of Utah
We went to the ever anticipated Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 1 midnight showing
Emmy turned 6 months old!
Tim quit his job and is currently living his dream as an "Alien Hunter"...the new television show will air on the History channel in January

December:
Tim finished up his last fall semester EVER (well...at least until med school :))
We celebrated our first Christmas with Emmy, who actually got excited about her presents...and not the wrapping paper
Tim turned 28!
Emmy is now employed full time at the local Smith's and is working in the butcher shop. It's been nice having her income to help with some of our student loans...after all, that's why we had a baby in the first place! :)

Well...we hope your year was as fantastic as ours! We're looking forward to 2011 and crossing our fingers it brings just as many happy memories as the last.

Happy New Year!

11 comments:

Jill said...

That was seriously funny, and very clever, I didn't even realize it until about the 3rd month in, and kept wondering why I'd never heard of all this cool stuff happening to you guy!

Carrie said...

Seriously! I agree with Jilly. It's a good thing you started making a LITTLE unbelievable or I might of moved you out by us just to get take a ride off your good luck vibes!

Brigham said...

it's funny how I never heard about some of those cool things that happened to you guys ;) pretty entertaining. I hope you guys have an awesome 2011!!

Tim and Heidi said...

Some if those things that happened are unbelievable! I've never even heard of some of them happening! Can't wait till Emmy's little buddy get's here in 2011!

Paul and Tammy said...

Ha Ha Ha!!! We totally fell for it all until a few months into it. We don't feel so silly now that you fooled everyone else. Very enjoyable post!!!

Stacy said...

HAha!! So funny!! Love it!

Carrie & Adam Brigman said...

It took me a while to catch on there...I'm not going to say how long or you will make fun of me. You're a goof ball. Hoping for another good year for you and your cute fam. Love you-Carrie

Anonymous said...

Hee hee!! Ashley!! This is an awesome post! You are so funny!

Brandon and Julie said...

he he he

Angela said...

I was thinking about asking if you thought Tom cruise was gay until I realized it was just jabber. Good one Ash! Very entertaining!

Studio 7 Interior Design, Kristen Rockwood said...

So... either y'all have the coolest life ever... or... you are a very good fibber. ;) Either or this was a fun read! Now... I want to get together to find out what really went on in 2010 for y'all!!! Call me sometime! 801-347-4358