I have a confession. I'm a bit ashamed to admit it...but, I feel like I just need to get it out there.
I love food.
And...because of that fact, I have become what I like to call a skinny girl in a curvy girls body :)
However, my curves are not entirely my fault. Like a good wife, I blame Tim. He makes me feel like the most beautiful person in the world...and to top that off, he tells me that I never need to change, and he loves me exactly how I am.
I'm a smart girl...so, I know he's lying. He's a smart guy...so he won't tell me the truth. I know he really does think I'm beautiful though. But, I'm sure he wouldn't mind if I lost a few pounds.
So, I've recently started doing a water aerobics class and I've been joining my friend a couple times a week to do this horrible workout video called Insanity. In fact, I'm wondering if she even likes me at all. It's brutal, and deep down I think she hates me :)
(Just kidding Julie...I know you don't hate me. You just love to see me suffer)
Anyway, the other day I went to Costco. Lately, they've had a stack of boxes full of these:

Red. Velvet. Cupcakes. They've been calling my name each time I've gone...but I've resisted the temptation and kept walking. But, on this particular visit...I saw this woman who had the type of body that I know I could never have unless I had bones surgically removed from my body and then lived on a diet of spinach and water the rest of my life. She was pushing a cart with two girls in it. As they passed the cupcakes, the girls squealed with delight. So...making an effort to care about her children's excitement, she pushed the cart over to the table of heaven and picked up a box. Then, after reading how many calories were in one, she dropped the box like it was diseased and then turned and looked at me. I know what she was thinking. I believe she wanted to tell me that the carrots were in the refrigerated section at the back of Costco, and that I shouldn't even be looking at the cupcakes because I was probably getting fatter by just standing there. So...in pure and total spite, I picked up a box tucked it under my arm, smiled at this woman who was looking at me with disgust and bought 12 red velvet cupcakes.
I've had one. It was delectable. I even licked my fingers when I was done.
However...I have 11 cupcakes left over that I can't bring myself to eat. So...if you want one, just let me know. I'd be happy to bring it to you :)








11 comments:
Hahahaha!! Good for you! I'd have done the exact same thing! Life isn't worth living without junk food here and there.
We would like 5. coincidently that is also the time we get home from work so you can come by anytime around then to drop them off.
you are doing insanity? WOW good for you! but um...DIET is 90% of weight loss silly girl! but my trainer did say you can't ALWAYS live withouth a cupcake! SO GOOD FOR YOU FOR ONLY EATING 1. Love ya!
I'm with ya on LOVING food. I am really bad at not looking at calories, but quiet frankly I could care less. You can have anything you want when used in moderation, a lesson I'm am trying to learn. I have no self control when it comes time to junk food. So I praise you for eating just one cupcake! And that lady at costco who was looking at you at the cupcake stand probably has less self confidence then you so there ya go you're better then her. :) Love ya Ash!
Um if there's any left... Jake and I will take them right off your hands! MMMMMMM but seriously good for you! A mom like that really just bugs me. I love food too which is always a problem but at least if I die I ate good food ;)
But I wanted you to workout with MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! WHAAAAAAAA! :) So have you changed your mind on the whole working out outside of home thing because if you have, I'm still open. Let me know. And eat a couple for me because I'm off the junk. Well supposed to be as In and Out rumbles in my tummy.
Oh and don't be too hard on yourself it took me getting pregnant and sick with my second baby to lose my first baby's left over weight. Dumb. Wonder how long it will take this time. Would love to fit into my clothes.
Sorry for the short story. :)
We'll take two! You can come by anytime! :)
Kari...I lost all my baby weight within three weeks after having Emmy. I'm just trying to loose the "married and happy" weight :)
I LOVE red velvet cupcakes! Too bad they don't sell them individually at the Cosco restaurant ;) Good luck getting rid of the extras. If we were in town, I'd totally come get one. I'll have one ESP.
I think that is so funny you bought the box. I would not have been that brave. Glad you enjoyed it! I loved reading this post, it made me laugh!
Post a Comment