Saturday, May 21, 2011

Now...Presenting the Graduating Class of 2011!

I don't think that it's possible for there to be a prouder wife anywhere in the world today.

Tim became a graduate of the University of Utah this afternoon...and let me just say that he looked pretty much amazing in his cap and gown.


Tim is the tall dark and handsome one...just in case you didn't know :)
I was able to get a one on one exclusive interview with the newest Medical Laboratory Sciences graduate...and asked some pretty tough questions about his plans for the future, what his hope and dreams are, and of coarse...all of his deep dark secrets. I, of coarse, added my own personal remarks after each question because I couldn't help myself. Lucky for you...I'm posting all his answers below :)

1. You're a college graduate! What are you gonna do next?
Work and improve my medical school application and spend time with my family

I was hoping his answer to this one would be "I'm taking my family to Disneyland!" Obviously I married a man who is way too practical. Oh well...

2. What will you do with the first million you make?
His actual answer was pay off student loans...but after some prompting on giving me not so lame and responsible answers he said "buy a porche". That's my boy :)

3. What did you want to be when you grew up?
I wanted to play in the NBA for the Jazz and have my name changed to John Stockton Jr.

What a cute dream...too bad the Jazz suck!

4. Now that you have your Bachelor's degree...did your favorite color change?
Nope...still green

5. How about your favorite movie?
Nope...still Dumb and Dumber

I was really hoping that this one would change because supposedly he was becoming more intellectual and Dumb and Dumber is quite possibly the most brain cell frying movie that has ever been made.

6. What is next on your list of aspirations?
To become the world's best mountain climber

What the heck?

7. If you could invent anything with your newfound college education what would it be?
Fake blood

Personally, I would have said flying cars. But to each his own I guess...

8. What kind of doctor do you want to be?
The best kind in the world

I keep having this reoccurring nightmare of Tim coming home from med school one day after rotations and telling me that his dream is to be a gynecologist. Yeah...his answer above was a little too vague for me :)

9. What was the hardest thing about college?
Not enough time for sleep, study, work, and spending time with my family

I'm just grateful I get my husband back for a year...then I won't ever see him again. At least until after medical school. Which is only six or eight years. I try not to think about it really... :)

10. If you could be any superhero in the world...which one would you be?
Batman

Actually...Tim dresses up as Batman on the weekends and goes masquerading around town on his "bat-mo-bike" keeping Salt Lake City safe for another night...bet you didn't know that little bit of information :)

11. If you were to compare your life to a movie...which one would be the closest match?
I Am Legend

When he gave me this answer he informed me that the title is more fitting to his life and not the actual movie itself. Wow. He did just graduate today...so I guess he's pretty full of himself. I'll just let him bask in his glory...I guess he's earned it :)

12. Would you rather be attacked by a big bear or a swarm of bees now that you have your Bachelor's degree?
I would rather be attacked by a big bear because I've had bear training and they aren't poisonous.

Personally I would have picked bees because they don't have teeth...and technically...a swarm could just be considered as three bees really...I'd fight them off with my rad ninja skills!

13. Now that you are a college graduate...will you run for president?
Heck. No.

Well there goes my dream of being Mrs. First Lady President

14. As an official graduate of the University of Utah, what is one word that you would use to describe you?
Hungry...hungry for family, friends, fun, knowledge...and food. Oh, and sports entertainment.

I have nothing to add. I'm still trying to grip my mind around the entirety of his answer. It's deep.

15. With your college degree...what will you entitle your biography?
I have a BS degree...get used to it!

Probably not a New York Times best seller...but oh well. He's gonna be a doctor...not a writer :)

16. Where in the world is Carmen Sandiego?
That's for me to know and for you to find out.

Dang. I was really hoping to get an answer for that one...

17. What is one thing that you regret about your college education?
That I didn't get to study in the campus library more...

Wow. I'm married to a nerd :)

18. With your new college degree...how are you going to change the world?
One test tube at a time.

Personally I think this answer sounds gross...

19. Now that you are officially smarter...are zebras white with black stripes or black with white stripes?
They're colorless with black and white stripes.

So much for the "officially smarter" part of the question :)

20. Finally...now that you have received a higher education...who is the most beautiful woman in the world?
Ashley Anne Tappana

Hear that folks? He is a college graduate...so it must be true :)

Congratulations Darling! I am so proud of you!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahaha!! I love this post!! It's very funny. Congratulations to Tim!!

Carrie said...

such a funny and cute post! Congrats Tim. Good luck next year and in Med School!

Jill said...

Congrats to you both! It's hard having a spouse in school full time..but totally worth it in the end! And I knew it was Tim riding around on his bat-bike..tell him he'll have a partner in crime when I finish Ryan's costume...

Paul and Tammy said...

Yay!!! Congrats Tim. Whew what a difficult yet exciting journey you guys still have ahead of you. Our vote still hasn't changed. We hope to see you guys here in Phoenix soon ;)

Angela said...

Haha where do you come up with this stuff?! By the way Dumb and Dumber is my favorite movie too! It is a classic don't mess with it! Congrats Tim!

Mark Dibb said...

I may be one of the worst spellers in the world but I can't leave this post without commenting that you spelled Porsche wrong. there's an S in there that you missed. Just saying. I don't know much but I know cars....anyway, Congrats Tim! when it comes time to buy that Porsche let's talk cause I'll help you pick which one to buy.

M. Brigham said...

*course*

Brieanna said...

Yay! Congrats to Tim for his big accomplishment! That's seriously so exciting!

Brigham said...

It's nice to have a husband graduated! And I thought the same exact thing when I read he wanted to be a mountain climber now... What the heck? :)
Lol, CONGRATS TIM!!!

Brandon and Julie said...

he he he, congrats Tim, hope all your dreams! come true