Monday, May 2, 2011

Leave It To Me...

No matter what, I have this ability to bring a lot of attention to myself.

Tim and I went to St. George this weekend. I had a seminar that I went to on Saturday, and Tim was able to spend the day with Emmy roaming the streets and enjoying the weather. Which, I might add, was incredibly lovely.

During one of the classes, I, of coarse, needed to use the facilities. I carefully got out of my seat to head down the stairs and out the door without bringing too much attention to myself. However, I was thwarted. By my own foot none the less. I ended up tumbling, quite ungracefully, down more than half of the stairs. So much for my attempt to be discreet. Brilliant.

Just a few hours later, Tim and I wandered around the Red Cliffs mall. My pride was still mending itself, but all in all, we were having a great time. As we walked by Aeropostale, I noticed a shirt that would have looked amazing on Tim, so we went into the store. Only seconds after entering however, I somehow managed to knock down an entire rack of shirts and shorts bringing the entire attention of the store and the onlookers walking by instantly upon me.
Crap.

To top it all off, I have quite possibly the largest pimple on my chin that the world has ever known. I started getting it on Thursday. By Friday, it needed its own zip code. By Saturday it needed it's own state capitol. Yes, I realize that I have a pimple to put the rest of the pimples that have ever been to shame growing on my chin...please don't stare at it. I am very aware of it's existence. I am also, quite honestly, a menace to society.

Leave it to me to make an impression.

Needless to say, I'm not going to be leaving my house anytime soon :)


7 comments:

Jill said...

Oh sad! I did the same thing at general conference once, tumbling down half the stairs in the conference center...it was pretty awesome! And, honestly, the best thing about pimples is that everyone gets them at some point, and we've all had one or two..or more..that deserve their own state capitol...don't worry, I'm sure no one noticed a thing!

Anonymous said...

Oh no!! That is no fun in a sad funny way!! I am glad you survived though!! And at least it didn't tramatize you so much that you can't write about it!! Poor Ashley!

Brigham said...

.....except to go to water aerobics where we can hide our uncoordination under water :)

Paul and Tammy said...

I feel your pain!! I have finally come to accept the fact that I am clumsy. This blog brought me back to the one I wrote when I fell down the stairs at school in front of my teacher who I had to face the rest of the semester. Not to mention what it had to have looked like when my back pack full of books flew over my head. Oh the memories!! Hope you're able to recover. I know I'm still trying to. :)

Carrie said...

You should have gone to BYU-Idaho for at least fall or winter semester. EVERYONE slipped and fell on the ice at least once! That way you'd know that everyone has that happen sometime and that day just happened to be your day! Now, you are off the hook for at least 3-4 months right?

Brandon and Julie said...

he he!!

Angela said...

hahaha You always make me laugh! I'm sorry for the unfortunate things going on in your life. I've been getting massive zits too! What gives?!