The other morning I walked into Emmy's bedroom to get her out of her crib.
Instead of the usual smiles and giggle that I receive when she sees me in the morning...I was greeted with a terrible scowl.
As I got closer...I discovered the reason why she was scowling at me.
My baby had a black eye.
What the heck?!
I went over the events of the previous day trying to think of anything that would have caused a black eye. But, I couldn't think of one thing that had happened that would have resulted in a bruise. No bumps. No falls. No screaming pleas of hurt.
Nothing.
So...I came to the conclusion that someone or something had attacked her while she was sleeping. That was the only logical possibility.
After surveying the scene of the crime and gathering evidence...I have been able to gather a list of suspects who were there at the time of the crime. Each has possible motive. Each has reason to seek revenge. Why would anyone do this you ask? Well...let me introduce you to the criminals and you can judge for yourself.
Suspect #1
Baby
Motive: Baby use to be Emmy's favorite stuffed thing. Until Brownie moved into the crib and Emmy forgot all about Baby. Since then, Baby has been quietly sitting in the corner waiting for the perfect moment in which she could seek her revenge.
Suspect #2
Chloe the Poodle
Motive: She's a poodle and she's purple. She needs no more motive than that.
Suspect :3
Mr. Hippo
Motive: After being thrown out of the crib onto his head more times than he can count, Mr. Hippo decided that he could no longer take the abuse and decided to take matters into his own hands...or hoofs...or whatever you call Hippo feet.
All of the suspects are currently being held for questioning. Justice will be served.
Until then...Emmy is recovering.
If you have any information regarding the whereabouts or suspicious activities of any of the above suspects...please contact me as soon as possible. Anything you may be able to provide could help me crack this case.








8 comments:
he he, I love your posts, and I hope you get to the bottom of this case. Can't wait to hear the results!!
OH MY GOODNESS!!! That is quite the bruise. I hope you catch the perpetrator soon.
Poor Emmy. I bet it was the hippo. Hippos can me quite mean. Especially when they're seeking revenge. (I should know. I'm part Hippo)
You left out a suspect...Emmy may have gotten wild in her sleep and attacked herself. Maybe she was flinging her arms and whacked her eye....I would conclude that she needs to be taken in for further questioning!
Well why wasn't Brownie a suspect if she's in the crib too? That's pretty suspicious to me. Sounds like you and Brownie are in cahoots together and you BOTH need to be questioned. I think I'd better take on this case myself...
Good thing Mr. Frog is there to console her. Spencer is so thoughtful!
Ummmm pretty sure it wasn't the hippo. I think Tabby is jealous of Emmy and she came up with a crazy plan to blame it on the stuffed animals. I'm sure they were the ones to give her comfort, especially the hippo :)
Ouch poor girl!
Post a Comment