Thursday, November 3, 2011

I Realize it's the 3rd of November, But...

But I couldn't resist showing off our Halloween costumes :)

Tim was a Baker...

...and I was an oven.
Clever, clever!
(wink)

I was rather proud of my oven. I slaved over it for days. Can you believe it was once a plain ole' Uhaul moving box? After about ten coats of harvest yellow craft paint and a little bit of Ashley magic, a star was born.

Yes...I am rather attached :)

I had knobs featuring my current trimester, month, and a knob turned halfway between boy or a girl as well as a timer with a countdown of my weeks and days left.

The front of it even opened.

It was a masterpiece!

Emmy donned an adorable strawberry costume that I have to say was quite possibly the cutest costume in the entire world. Unfortunately, she refused to let us get one picture of her smiling at the camera. So...we got a few snapshots of her digging through her candy stash at the end of the night. I don't know that trick-or-treating has ever been as fun as it was going with Emmy. Thank you Brig and Kari for convincing us to go...it was so much fun!

Emmy was quite protective of her pumpkin bucket. By the end of the night, it had gotten quite full and was rather heavy. But instead of letting Tim or I carry it for her, she dragged it on the ground. If we did try to take it from her, she made it known to everyone that her candy bucket had just been stolen.




Seriously...cutest strawberry ever!

Hope your Halloween night was just as enjoyable as ours :)
This was definitely one of our favorites!

11 comments:

Brandon and Julie said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the costume, you are so clever. And cutest Strawberry ever!!!

Anonymous said...

I love all your costumes. You really did a great job with the oven. So much detail. I loved it! I could never pull something like that off. And Emery was the cutest little Strawberry there ever was!!!

Kari said...

It was SO much fun going trick-or-treating. Especially with Emmy - I think she liked it better than both my kids combined! And the detail you put into your costumes was sublime. :)

The Larchars said...

Oh my gosh you guys are so incredibly darling! I love that both of you get into it and dressed up too. Emmy sounds like she is becoming miss independent too- how funny! That oven is definitely a piece of art by the way. Way to go!!!

Carrie said...

I absolutely LOVE your costumes! great idea and so fun! The Ashley magic was definitely there! So cute and crafty. I'm glad your Halloween night was so great. Trick or treating is so fun with kids.

Tim and Heidi said...

Your oven turned our fantastic! The Ashley magic was for sure in both of the costumes :) Emmy does make a very cute strawberry. The little monster and the little strawberry and the bun will all be such good friends :)

Paul and Tammy said...

Way cute!! It's fun being preggo during Halloween. You get to show off your crafty side and show off your little bun. Emmy looks adorable!!

Mark and Kimmi said...

So cute Ash! I have been trying to get the hubs to upload our pictures, but obviously have had no luck...

JP and Steph said...

Cute costumes! Very cleaver. Are you going to find out if you are having a boy or girl?

AllysonKaye Photography said...

you looked awesome! great costumes! Emmy will always look cute no matter what she is dressed as. I do have a special place in my heart for strawberry shortcake though.

Brandy J. said...

This is such a cute costume. Dave and I did something similar when I was pregnant with Cooper, but I wasn't as ambitious with the oven. I just designed something on he computer and ironed it on a t-shirt. You definitely went all out with your vintage creation.

Oh, and your strawberry is very cute too!