BOY!!!
Sadly...he was much too busy moving around to let the ultrasound tech get any good pictures. In fact, she spent a good hour trying to get him to move his little legs just an teeny little bit so she could at least give us a guess.
A 90% sure guess.
It amazed me to see how much the little guy wiggled and squirmed inside my tummy :)
I seriously LOVE that!
Some things that have been different about this pregnancy:
I am carrying way low. Emmy was all the way up in my ribs. In fact, my doctor use to joke with me that I'd probably deliver her out my throat. Real funny. I love doctors with an awesome sense of humor...especially when it's just them laughing at an emotional pregnant woman's expense.
I haven't really had much heartburn. I had horrible, terrible, no good, very bad heartburn with Emmy. All I had to do was look at food and I'd have to take a dozen tums.
I'm feeling him move. I know that's a common thing with your second pregnancy, but I didn't feel Emmy until I was about 24 weeks. So...I'm kinda lovin' the whole recognition of the nudges inside a lot sooner. It makes me smile :)
When I was pregnant with Emmy...Tim got a phone call on his way home from work about three times a week letting him know that I was in major need of a Coldstone and to please indulge me in my cravings by bringing one home with him for me to stuff my face with. This time around...sweet stuff does not sound good AT ALL. However...bring on the salty pickles, barbeque chips, and cheese fries. They sound fabulous!
I have lost weight! A total of 6 pounds in fact! With Emmy I was up about 6 pounds at this point. Is my doctor concerned you ask? Heck no! If I was a petite size zero instead of the hefty "none of your business" size I'm sure we'd be chatting about the fact I haven't gained anything. However...I'm sure it will catch up with me sooner or later. That's the one nice thing about being pregnant...you gain a belly and no one questions anything.
I am completely and utterly wasted by about 10:00 everyday. You may not think that's all that bad...until I tell you that it's 10:00 am, not pm. I have no energy and quite honestly would be perfectly happy to sit and watch Emmy run circles around me all day. Being exhausted is the worst. I had energy to go and go and go the first time around. This time I consider myself productive if the bed gets made...
I obsessed about being pregnant with Emmy. I thought about it all the time. This time, some days will go by that I totally forget that I'm pregnant. I know...I'm a terrible person. However...I've started wearing maternity pants because they're so dang comfy. That's a great reminder for me :)
Almost halfway there!
We're looking forward to meeting this little guy!








10 comments:
I love that are pregnancy are so much a like. some days I forgot I was pregnant as well. So excited for you to have a boy, it is such a different love!!!
Congratulations. You'll have one darling little man!
Isn't it interesting how different pregnancies can be? Even with having 2 boys mine were so different. Yay for no heartburn though! Hopefully it continues and you feel good the whole way through. I loved that with Kameron's pregnancy I didn't obsess and go crazy every day reading the same updates over and over on the internet. The only thing that reminded me I was pregnant was the exhaustion. It will go away. Until you give birth....
Almost halfway already?? We are so excited for you guys!! Hopefully next time he will be more cooperative so we can see some pictures. I'm definitely going to miss feeling the baby move around inside of me. That's my absolute favorite. I'm glad you are able to feel him sooner this time around :)
You are definitely not a bad mom forgetting you are pregnant. I forgot a lot and sometimes even later when I had a HUGE belly to remind me. I'd forget to the point where I'd have to sit and think whether Anna had moved at all that day (then I'd freak out until she did). You will have such a handsome little guy! It's fun having one of each. You're so used to dressing Emmy up all cute and putting cute stuff in her hair. Now you'll be able to relax because boys are simple. T-shirt, pants and shoes. Maybe a comb through the hair, if needed and you go! Good luck with everything. The exhaustion won't go away, though, I'm afraid.
I didn't know you were expecting! I am so happy for you! I haven't checked your blog in quite a while, glad I did. Congrats!
You are so lucky! You aren't sick AND you're losing weight. Good for you :) Wish I could be that awesome.
I'm happy that you got a boy like you wanted, but selfishly, I'm even more happy that Ammon will now have a boy cousin to cause trouble with. Boys are tons of trouble but tons of fun too. There's nothing like a Mommy and her boy :)
I am beyond thrilled for you guys!!!! One of each YAY!!!!! I love your costumes below this post, SO DANG CUTE, you did an amazing job!!! I miss you!!! I'm so happy we get together now I love it and you!!!
I am so excited for you! And I also am jealous of your pregnancy. I hated throwing up my whole pregnancy. Obviously, who likes that?
I can't wait to meet my new nephew!
Welcome to being tired all the time. I was exhausted all the time with Logan. Somedays I was suprised that I was even functioning. Sweets were what I was addicted to with Logan too, no wonder i have so much weight to loose :) We're excited to meet Jackson! Can't believe you're already half way! I swear yours has gone twice as fast as mine did.
Post a Comment