Every evening before we put Emmy to bed, we rock together, read a couple books, and then turn on some Primary music and listen to a few songs followed by crawling into bed, saying prayers, and giving kisses.
It's one of my most favorite times of the day.
We recently just introduced Emmy to her new bed. It's still a little to high for her to climb into without help, so we've put a stool in her room right next to her bed so she can get in and out easier.
This morning, I was awoken from my slumber at 8:00 by some very loud music coming from the other end of my house. Upon entering Emmy's room, I found my baby had moved her stool over to her dresser, turned on her CD player and was jamming to "I Am a Child of God" dressed in her blue and brown flower footie pajamas.
I couldn't help but smile :)
At least she has good taste in music. I hope it lasts. Primary music will always be on my approved list of songs she can listen to...while others, I might not be so happy about, making me sound just like my mother and officially old and not cool...a time in my life I am so not looking forward to.
For now, I'm going to cherish the moments of listening to Primary songs with my daughter.
Maybe tomorrow she'll be jamming to "Popcorn Popping" or "Book of Mormon Stories".
That would be awesome.








3 comments:
So stinkin cute!!! What a fun age she's at right now. Hope you are feeling well
That's awesome! We love primary songs at our house too!
Logan listens to Disney when he falls asleep. He WILL know all the words of all the classic songs, if I have anything to do with it! :)
Post a Comment