I am more than ready for it to be spring.
I feel so bad for my children. They have a terrible mother who hates going outside in the cold...so they're stuck inside with nothing to do but stare at each other.
Emmy has been begging me to blow bubbles outside. But, it's way too cold for that to even be slightly enjoyable, so I keep putting her off and telling her we will when it finally warms up outdoors.
Things I'm looking forward to when we can enjoy the sunshine of spring and summer:
1. Flip flops
2. Popsicles
3. Stroller rides
4. Wagon rides
5. Playing at the park
6. Swimming
7. Bike rides
8. Smelling the flowers
9. Wheeler Farm
10. Blue skies
11. Picnics
12. Canyon trips
13. Hiking
14. Barbecuing
15. Feeding the ducks
But until then...the other night, we discovered something that's almost as good as blowing bubbles outside. I put some bubbles in the tub, then turned the jets on.
I think we discovered a whole new kind of fun...
She became my little bubble monster...and even after the water had long cooled off and her fingers and toes had turned into shriveled up prunes...she begged to stay in a little longer.
And who can say no to that face?
Certainly not this Mommy.
So...I made Daddy do it.
Just like every good parent does :)








6 comments:
So cute! I'm glad you have your bubble alternative. She's going to be one REALLY clean little girl for the rest of winter ;)
Love it! and I am totally the same way, we never go outside unless we absolutely have to! Luckily, my boys haven't been begging to go out, so I don't feel super guilty! I am so looking forward to this Spring and Summer though, this winter has been harsh! Ryan and I did the bubble bath in a jetted tub on our wedding night, only the entire bottle of bubbles fell in the tub after we had taken the lid off, I was too short for my legs to reach the end of the tub and swallowed about half of them!
Really cute idea! In fact, I want to come over and try it for myself. I am with you though, I am soooo ready for spring and summer it's not even funny. Every year I get anxious for it, but it seems that this year I am so bad!
Hahaha! So fun and what cute pictures you got! You should print them out and do a cute crafty collage to hang in your bathroom. It would be so cute! I wish we had a jetted tub so we could produce mass bubbles. I can just see myself trying to do it myself by stirring the water with a wooden spoon really really fast...haha. Maybe we'll just head over to your house :)
I love those pictures of Emmy! She is one cute girl! Her facial expressions are getting to be hilarious! Pretty sure you should have us over next time you do this, I'm pretty sure Logan would love it:)
Such cute pictures! My girls have been begging for bubbles too. I guess we better have a bubble bath!
Post a Comment