We have a little less than 10 weeks left.
10 weeks to get in as much family time and friend time as we possibly can before we leave for at least the next four years on our new adventure.
Tim and I decided to get a head start on all the changes that are currently happening and will continue to happen over the next several months. We left the kids with grandma and papa and hopped on a plane to what will be our new home in just a few short weeks.
The whole way there, Tim kept asking me if I was excited. I'm sure he was disappointed, because I know he wants me to be excited. He's excited. I should be excited...right?
I'm not.
I'm terrified.
That being said, I'm also absolutely certain that we are going where Heavenly Father needs us.
I keep expecting to have some type of nervous feelings about this huge decision. But the uncertain feelings don't come. I have felt nothing but peace and comfort from the moment that Tim received his acceptance...an assurance from my Heavenly Father that this is right. Even if it's hard.
I love Utah. It's my home.
But...
Tennessee is absolutely beautiful.
Here is a picture of a 200 yard "hike" just minutes from where we'll be living.
Gorgeous right?! That spot is called the Pinnacle. In that picture, three state lines meet. Kentucky, Tennessee, and Virginia.
There are so many trees! I absolutely love how green it is!
Here is a picture of the little house we're renting. It's 125 years old. It's been completely renovated although most of the wood floors are original. It's super cute and cozy inside. I've already started decorating it in my head :)
This is a picture of the main portion of the school Tim will be attending and will ultimately graduate from as Dr. Timothy Tappana.
I'll be Mrs. Dr. Timothy Tappana.
And yes...you will have to address me that way.
Hahaha
We did a little grocery shopping while we were there just for some cereal and milk, as well as some popcorn to snack on while we watched a couple movies from Redbox. While wandering around trying to figure out how the heck they thought there was any type of rhyme or reason to their organization of groceries...we came across this....and knew Tim is meant to be in Tennessee.
Iced. Molasses. Cookies.
Tim's absolute favorite.
We used to be able to find them occasionally in Utah, but sadly...the past couple years they've been missing in action. At least we know that he'll have a good snack for the hours upon hours of study time he'll be putting in!
Here he is.
I must seriously love this man if I'm willing to move thousands of miles from everything that I know and love to a place that is completely foreign to me without even a second thought.
I'm completely and entirely in love with him...and I'll support him the entire way.








5 comments:
Wow, its amazing how green it is!!! So beautiful! And that little house is so cute! What an adventure you're going to have!
Your house looks cute! It is a beautiful place. Just wait until fall and that "hike" will be the most beautiful thing you've seen ;) Love you and wish I could see you to wish you luck on this great adventure.
It's going to be hard. It's still hard for me to be away from my family. But you will learn and grow and come to love Tennessee, I am sure of it! And you can always feel good about doing what Heavenly Father wants you to be.
Also, it does look so gorgeous there. Makes me excited to come visit!
That is true love!! It will be so hard but totally worth it and I promise, the time flies. In the moment it feels slow but once it's over, you'll ask where the time went. At least it's beautiful!! That alone makes it worth it. Love the cute house too. Everyone will want to hang out there once you get your hands on it :)
This is going to be such a great adventure! So excited for you! Your house looks adorable! :)
Post a Comment