Wednesday, September 25, 2013

A Day Worth Waiting For

You know that feeling of wanting something sooo bad that when you have to wait a long time for it to actually happen, you get impatient and throw a tantrum like a three year old?  

When I first started dating Tim, he told me that one day, he wanted to be a doctor.  
He wanted to be able to help people.

Now, in my mind, when I think of being a doctor's wife, I think of the prestige and monetary rewards that come from it.  That's how selfish I am.
Tim on the other hand wants it because he truely is good.
If you know him, you know exactly what I mean.  
He wants to be able to spend his life helping people in a way that they cannot do for themselves. 
He wants to serve them, and heal them.  

Sooo...when we got married...I knew that eventually we'd end up in medical school.  Of course I thought it would happen a LOT sooner than it actually did...but that's what I get for thinking my plans were greater than my Heavenly Father's plans.  

For eight years, I watched Tim sacrifice and work so hard for his dream of becoming a doctor.  As his wife, and best friend, I wanted it for him more than anything in the world.  So, when it continued to not happen...my heart would break for him.  He never gave up, and just kept working towards it.  

Eventually...it all worked out.
Exactly how it was supposed to.

Saturday was a day that has been a long time in the making.  
Tim received his white coat.

As I sat in the crowd with all of the other student's families and friends...I couldn't help but feel incredible pride for this man that I am blessed to be able to call husband.  

And when they announced his name, and he had his white coat placed upon him, I couldn't help but tear up and think of everything we went through to get to this point.  


I LOVE this picture of Tim.
He looks so completely, and incredibly happy. 

It was a good day.

I feel so lucky to be able to be his own personal cheerleader.



5 comments:

Unknown said...

We are so happy for you guys!!! It feels so good to finally be where you want to be in life and feel like you are moving forward doing something good. We are so proud of you guys!

Kari said...

It really is a good picture, and I'm sure that was an exciting day. Congrats Tim!!

Caitlin said...

So happy for you two! Congratulations!

John & Britta said...

Very exciting!! Congrats!

Sam and Kat said...

Yay! loved this post! So exciting!! and VERY cute blog! Thanks for your lovely comment on mine. A lot of my friends have given up on the whole blogging thing so I'm always glad to find people who still like it! :)