Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Ouch!!!



Well...the verdict is in. I am the most clumsy person on the face of the planet! Besides the many tumbles I've had off of my clinic chair at school, not to mention tripping over a poor blind boy's walking stick, and knocking down an entire row of shoes at Forever Young...I have now actually done myself bodily harm with my uncanny ability to make a fool of myself. Today at lunch, I heated up a delicious bowl of progresso wild rice and vegetable soup. As I walked back to my table of friends, I thought to myself how bad it would be to spill my soup...but yet it wouldn't be all that unexpected either since I usually embarrass myself on a daily basis. I started to walk a little faster because the bowl was starting to burn my fingers. When I reached my table, I knew I was safe! I had made it! But, as I placed the bowl onto the table, the lid slipped a little bit, spilling the scalding hot soup all down my arm. I instantly knew that we had a problem...mainly because my arm felt like it was on fire, but also because spilling hot soup on yourself really isn't an ideal situation. I ran to the bathroom to run my arm under cold water...which became my next problem because the sinks at school only run warmer than usual water. I didn't think about it at first though and stuck my now blistering arm into the sink and then fought back the tears as the water made my arm feel even more like it was burning. I then ran into the clinic and finally was able to get some relief from the pain as I ran it under the coldest water I could get for about 10 minutes. For the rest of the day however, I had to keep ice on my arm. If I even moved it away for five seconds the fiery pain came back. I gave myself second degree burns! Now that's an accomplishment! The area is still blistering, so I'm expecting my arm to really be looking nasty tomorrow. Oh well though...school's out in a week! Bring it on!

5 comments:

Stacy said...

Ouch! Suck! Ouchy Ouchy! That sucks!!

jake.shalise said...

OUCH is right.... That sucks SO bad darlin and sucks even more that you couldn't get cold water at first! Dang I'm sorry I hope you get better.. you should put on that pain neosporin (?) ha ha I can't spell that should help a little!! YAY summer time can't wait!!

P.S I now don't work Fridays again just for the summer soooo if you get bored let's hangout!!

The Larchars said...

sorry about your burn! That is SO not fun. I hope it heals fast for your sake!!! How exciting that school is about out! I bet you have lots of exciting summer plans!

Darrell said...

Sorry, that looks super painful.

WRYUN said...

Sheesh Ash. That looks awful. Good luck with it healing and all. Hope you feel better soon! Make Tim get you some chubby hubby ice cream from Ben and Jerry's...