Anyway...Tim and I just got back from a super fun trip to California. We had a ton of fun, and enjoyed getting away. Tim was in need of a break from work and school, and well...I needed to get away just because it's fun. You would think that we would get sick of always going to the same place over and over again, and maybe we just always go there because we really don't have much of an imagination, but what can I say...we absolutely love Disneyland! Only this time was different, because we were lucky enough to have some of our really good friends join us! Tim and I haven't ever gone to Disneyland with friends before, so we were super excited to be able to be at the happiest place on earth with some of our most favorite people.
Mark and Kimmi were the first to join us on our getaway, and drove down with us on Saturday the 18th. Kimmi is a super huge fan of Disneyland just like me, but Mark hadn't been to Disneyland since he was like twelve. I think he was a bit worried about our enthusiasm at first, but soon joined us in our excitement. Mark and Tim both had Peter Pan hats, and it was fun to see how much attention they got from everyone around them. On Monday, Mark actually got accosted by the Mad Hatter because of his Peter Pan hat. He was a bit traumatized, but I'm sure with some therapy...he'll be back to normal in no time. It was also really easy to spot them with their red feathers in a huge crowd of people.
After two fun filled days in Disneyland, we spent a day in Seaworld. Tim loves Seaworld. When we went there on our honeymoon, we only got two pictures of the two of us, and then the rest of our film was used up on all of the sealife that we saw. This time was no different. He immediately went nuts with the camera taking pictures of the animals. Luckily, I learned my lesson from our first experience, and made sure that we got some good pictures of us as well. It was nice to have a digital camera this time. Unlimited pictures is a very nice commodity :). Personally, I don't think to myself "Gee...I want to look at all the pretty penguins from our Seaworld vacation"...but that's just me.
We had fun with Mark and Kimmi until early Thursday morning when they had to catch a flight back to Utah so they could drive up to Twin Falls in time for Kimmi to make it to work. Thursday was a much needed lazy day. We slept in, and gave our feet a break from all the walking. We were able to meet up with Tim's brother and family at the beach later in the day. It was so much fun! We don't get to see them very often, so when we do, it's always nice. I absolutely love my sister-in-law, Cindy. She has got to be one of the funniest people I know, and I love being around her. It was so good to see our niece and nephews as well. We had a weenie roast on the beach, which neither one of us had done before, and then we made smores. Cindy also taught us how to catch sand crabs. Tim took the kids out on the boogie boards, and Cindy and I walked down the beach looking for seashells. We had a really good time. Then, we were able to end the day on an even better note by getting to our hotel and having Tim and Heidi join us for the rest of our trip. They flew in Thursday afternoon to finish out our vacation with us.
We spent the next two days in Disneyland. Heidi hadn't been since she was about eight, and Tim hadn't been since he was three. Tim got a Captain Hook hat, and my Tim wore his Peter Pan hat, so they got a lot of attention. But...I'm pretty sure they both loved it. Friday was Pioneer Day in Utah, so if we saw anyone one with BYU shirts or hats on, Tim made sure to wish them a happy Pioneer Day! It was pretty funny to see some of the looks that we got. We really did have a very good time.
Sunday we left for home, but we were ready. It had been a nice vacation, but there's always something about coming home. I'm so glad that we were able to share our vacation with our friends! They made our trip so much more fun. Plus...it's lots more fun playing 20 questions in long lines with four people instead of just two :). I've just posted some of our favorite pictures from our trip. I hope you enjoy!
Oh...and I learned some things this trip that I didn't either know or realize before...
*The Matterhorn has a full size basketball court built inside it so that Disneyland employees can play basketball at the happiest place on earth
*The Tower of Terror is the most horriblest ride in the world!
*You don't have to wait in line behind everyone else if you really have to go to the bathroom, just hurry and run in front of everyone else because you are definately more important!
*Always, and I mean ALWAYS check to make sure that the bathroom stall lock works before you start using the bathroom...
*Rides at Disneyland are so much more fun when then break while you are on them!
*Never ever sit in front on Splash Mountain unless you want to get soaked from head to toe :)
*Fast passes are the best inventions ever!
*Fireworks at Seaworld totally suck compared to Disneyland fireworks
*It is possible to get over a million points on Buzz Lightyear's Astro Blasters
*While waiting in line for Toy Story Mania, it is absolutely necessary to have a frozen lemonade in order to not die of the heat
*Screaming California almost always is broken
*It's never a good sign when you suddenly have something wet splashing on your feet from the next stall over in the bathroom
*The Hungry Bear women's bathroom in Disneyland is the best bathroom to use while in Disneyland...(can you tell I had some major bathroom experiences while we were there?)
*Thunder Mountain Railroad is most definately the best at night while the fireworks are going!
*One Disneyland bannana will cost you $1.72...but that's because its magical!
*The Blue Bayou is a super cool restaurant
*Pirates of the Carribean is the perfect ride to take a nap on :) (just ask Tim!)
*By about 6:00...most little kids have started throwing tantrums
*According to a very highly skilled set of questions, Disney experts have told me that I am most like Belle from Beauty and the Beast (yay for me!)
*Peter Pan is totally worth the 45 minute wait even if you have already been on it 5 times
*Small World is lots more fun when you look for the 29 new Disney characters that have been strategically placed throught the ride
*Space Mountain totally rocks
*Gigantic, monster cats live in Disneyland and eat all of the little baby ducks at night...I know because I saw them!
*Walt Disney was a brilliant man
*Never wear flip flops to Disneyland unless you want to be in pain for the next three months of your life
*And last but not least...even after 5 days in Disneyland...I could still live there and be perfectly happy!








9 comments:
Oh what I would give to be in Disneyland, But without kids. How many times did you ride It's a small world because your feet hurt so bad? remember that? Fun times!!
Ryan and I LOVE Disneyland!! We've only been a couple times, but we would go monthly if we had the cash! Looks like you guys had a great time!! And yes, I check your blog to see if you've updated at least a couple times a week!
I read your blog! I'm glad your trip was fun for you guys!
What a fun trip!! I don't think I could ever get tired of Disneyland either. Cute pic's too!!
P.S. I love to read your blog
read your blog? guess i missed something! i just look at your pics! ha ha ha now i'll have to go back and read that book you just wrote! GEEZ!!!!! look like you had fun! wish we could of gone with, maybe next time.
Wow- you guys always do the funnest things, that looked totally awesome! I LOVE those fun pics of you and Tim goofing off there.
If you still have time before school starts, give me a call and we can get together- I would love to catch up with you. I sure miss you guys, and now we are a bit closer, hooray!!! 801-652-5658
I read your blog! All of the time! It's super cute! Thanks so much for pressuring Tim into coming. I can't wait to go back. We will for sure have to go back together! We just love you guys! Thanks for being our friends!
You spent 5 days there!? Not sure I could do that but it looks like you had fun!
How fun! You have some great pictures! Going to D-land is so much fun with friends! I love it there too!!
I am excited to go back to Disneyland next year....it'll be fun to take my little girl for the first time!! :)
Post a Comment