About two weeks ago, Tim and I were able to go to Yellowstone with my mom and dad. Tim had never been before, so I was really excited for him to be able to experience Yellowstone. We use to go all the time when I was growing up, and it was one of my most favorite places to go with my family. My family has always stayed in some cabins that are in the Old Faithful area of Yellowstone, so of coarse, we stayed in them again this time. We only had about a three minute walk to Old Faithful from our cabin. Being the science geek that he is, Tim loved all of the gysers, mud pots, and heat pools. But...Tim was most excited about seeing a buffalo in real life for the first time ever! He kept the camera close everywhere we went, and took lots of pictures of buffalo, elk, and the occasional chipmunk. We had a really good time.
The Grand Tetons. Does anyone know what teton means in french? Just ask Tim...he'll let you know! :)
The barren nothingness of Yellowstone!
On one of our days there, we went to a place called the Firehole. It's Yellowstones very own natural swimming pool! It was gorgeous! About five or so feet into the water, it just drops off. We have no idea how deep it was, but Tim had a really good time swimming around with the fish. I waded a bit up to my knees and the water felt really good...but no one was going to see me in a swimming suit! We even saw a snake slither in to the water and make its way across to the other side. It was fun!
This was Tim's most favorite gyser. It's called the Grotto. He sat and watched it for like twenty minutes and kept saying how cool it was over and over.
You can't go to Yellowstone without seeing Old Faithful. Tim was amazed at how high the water shoots out. It really is amazing!
One of my most favorite things about Yellowstone is Fishing Bridge. I can remember going when I was little and there would be hundreds of fish just underneath us. We only saw about three fish while we were there this time, but it is still beautiful!
Tim in front of the Dragons Cauldron...his second favorite thing at Yellowstone. He pretty much liked anything that was really hot and stinky. Must be a guy thing...
After having his picture taken with this buffalo, Tim went right up and started petting it. He actually got a ride on it's back too! When he came back to the car, the buffalo tagged along. They became quite good friends! Actually...we had to coax Tim to get his picture taken, even with the buffalo that far away. It took a good fifteen minutes, but he finally agreed. He kept looking over his shoulder to make sure the thing wasn't charging him. It was rather funny :).
Yellowstone's Grand Canyon. Absolutely gorgeous!
Our last night there, we spent a few hours in West Yellowstone. We ate at this fun little diner. I had probably one of the best grilled cheese sandwiches in my entire life! My dad loved it cause they had a whole bunch of airplanes hanging from the ceiling...and he named every single one, which war they were in, and a famous pilot that flew it. It was really fun, and very very delicious! We did some shopping, and then headed back to our cabin, and got ready to leave bright and early the next morning. I'm pretty sure there will be many more Yellowstone trips in our future.








6 comments:
Oh Ash, I am so jealous! I agree fishing bridge is the best and as for the canyon street grill...mmmm... they do have amazing grilled cheese! I miss that place I haven't been for 3 yrs. Glad you guys had fun!
So fun! I missed you at the Bee's game last night! I saw Tim, but you must have been in your seat, and we were heading out the door. I'm glad you had such a fun trip! You two are always up to fun things all around! What an awesome life!
I am so jealous. Paul and I both haven't been to Yellowstone since we were really young but I remember having so much fun when I went. Looks like you guys had a blast.
WOW! you guys didn't make a face in ANY of the pics on here!!! good job!! looks like you had fun. tim is a whimp for not riding the buffalo!!!! c'mon! i rode one when i was 8!!!
I'm so jealous you went to Yellowstone I'd love to go I went when I was really little so I remember just about nothing! Looks beautiful! So fun to see you at the ol bee's game :) that was so funny! Jake said he and Tim will be friends... so now it is time! ha ha weekends are best.. let me know when your not busy with school..boo school!
sounds like there are some real issues with Tim and buffalo. I'm surprised the horse/buffalo story isn't on here as well ;)
Post a Comment