Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Halloween Tappana Style

Our Halloween festivities began on Friday night when Tim got home from work. I am a HUGE pumpkin carving fan, and I look forward to it all year long. We've made it a tradition to go to Macey's grocery store every year to buy five pumpkins. Why Macey's? Because they have the BIGGEST and the BEST pumpkins in Utah! This year we were lucky enough to go at the exact same time they were getting another whole trailer full of new pumpkins. I'm a bit picky about the pumpkins we get, so it usually takes me awhile to walk around and find the perfect ones. Why five pumpkins? Because two is just not enough!





Tim planted a garden this year, and worked and slaved over it for five months. I requested a pumpkin plant...and luckily we had two pumpkins at the end of our harvest! The two littlest pumpkins are products of all Tim's hard labor! I think it's pretty much obvious which pumpkins Tim carved and which ones I carved. Tim has this thing where he thinks that pumpkins have to look scary...I have this thing where I think pumpkins should be cute and have big smiles. Personally...I think he just does it to drive me nuts. But, honestly...it really does make a pretty good combination. Just don't tell Tim I said that. :)

Tim and I dressed up as aviators for Halloween. My dad is this avid World War II collector, and so we were lucky enough to have everything right at our finger tips. The cap and goggles that Tim is wearing was actually worn in the Battle of Brittan. My dad was super excited to get us all dressed up as well. We had a Halloween party to go to that Tim's brother Brig and his wife Kari
threw. We played some pretty fun games and had a really good time. Tim and I even won the costume contest! Thank you Dad!

Our cute little dog, Tabby, even got all dressed up for the occasion. She was a lobster...just in case you couldn't tell. I'm pretty sure my mom took her costume off as soon as we walked out the door...something about animal cruelty. But, I do have to say, while it lasted...she was the cutest lobster anyone has ever seen!

8 comments:

Mark and Kimmi said...

Ha Ha Ha how fitting the name "crabby Tabby" now she has a costume to prove it.... anyway I was with your mom for a really long time. costumes on dogs are lame and mean...although ever since we got a a dog I have changed my tone.Now I always look at dog costumes at the store and say "Beatrice would look cute in this" anyway cute pumpkis...and actually Ashley I CANT tell which ones Tim did and which ones you did.... One last thing, You and Kimmi are ment to be BFF's cause she's the same way when it comes to picking pumpkins. she takes FOREVER to pick them. my criteria? no dirt. I hate when my pumpkins have dirt on them.. maybe next year you'll let us come carve pumpkins with you

Carrie said...

Sounds like you all had a fun fun halloween. I love the pumpkins and it makes me laugh to remember all the fun WWII stuff your dad has from when we were in High school. Glad you had a great time.

Anonymous said...

I love your pumpkins, and I am so glad you won the costume contest. It was a fun night!

Brigham said...

I was so busy this year I didn't get to carve any pumpkins :( and I love carving pumpkins too! Tabby is so hilariously cute in that costume and thanks for coming to the party!

jake.shalise said...

LOVE the pumpkins they look GREAT! Your costumes are adorable ha ha love them! Is Tabby your moms dog I'm guessing? She totally looks like Maylee how crazy!

Carrie & Adam Brigman said...

You guys are so stinking cute! Your future children are so lucky to have fun parents who do such fun things all the time. Love it!

WRYUN said...

Cute pumpkins!! One of these days, I'm going to be able to buy enough to line my entire porch on Halloween!! You guys look great too! I can just see the grin on your dads face! What a great time.

Studio 7 Interior Design, Kristen Rockwood said...

Ashley!
Hey, check out my new blog post. I think you'd be interested in doing a class. No pressure and no worries of you're not interested. Happy Holidays and I'll talk to you soon!!!
~Kristen