I like to say that I'm a curtious driver. I always let people in, let people over, and do all the stuff that you wish people would do for you when you're out driving. I do have to say however, that when you don't thank me with the universal "wave", I get a little testy in the car. It's a wave people! It takes all of two seconds and is entirely and completely necessary to show common decency and good breeding! That's a whole other story though...so I won't go into that :).
I did want to relate a story about my drive home today because I was so totally shocked, and because...honestly...I want to vent. Venting is healthy. Anyway, I'm on rotations up at the VA hospital this month, and I don't know how many of you have driven on Foothill Drive between 4 and 5 in the afternoon, but it totally sucks. I was on my way home, and I signaled to get over into the lane next to me. There was a black mercedes behind me in the next lane over, and there was plenty of room for me to make the move, but when I tried the guy driving the mercedes decided to speed up and wouldn't let me over. So...I thought, okay, I'll just get behind him. But, when I then tried to signal and get over to get behind him, he slowed down so I couldn't. I tried three more times to get over, and he did the same thing all three times...sped up, and then slowed down. I was starting to get frusterated because the freeway entrance was getting closer and closer and I really needed to get over, and also because I didn't understand what the heck his problem was. So, on my fourth attempt to get over, as he sped up, I just went over anyway, and I ended up cutting him off. But, I didn't cut him off on purpose. He didn't see it that way however. As soon as I was over, he signaled and got into the lane next to me, sped up in front of me, cut me off, and then slammed on his brakes and started driving 10miles per hour. Well, I got over into the lane next to me, and just as I was about to pass him, he cut me off again, slammed on his brakes, and did the same thing. So, I attempted one more time...I got over, and just as I was about to pass him, he cut me off again! By then I was really getting angry. I did not understand why he was being such a jerk! I decided that unless I wanted to get into a car accident, I better just stay behind him, which would have been totally fine if he didn't keep slamming on his brakes. By then I had had it! I finally just laid on my horn. Now...I have never in my life flipped anyone off, and I wasn't about to break my streak on him...however...I do have another finger that I like to give people when I drive, and that is my thumb in the downward position :). So, I gave him my famous signal to let him know that I did not in anyway appreciate the way he was treating me. At this point, we had finally reached the freeway, and I now had more than two lanes to be able to maneuver my car around, so I promptly tried to get away from that wretched black mercedes, only to have him try to stop me. But...I was victorious! As I FINALLY drove past him, he had the nerve to stick his tongue out at me. That's right...some punk teenager spoiled rotten jerk kid driving a mercedes stuck his tongue out at me. Wow. Seriously...wow. I wasn't expecting that.
Well, that was my experience on the road today. I hope all of you enjoyed it as much as I did!








6 comments:
oh, Ash! you are way too nice. I would have given him way more then a thumbs down.
Ooh, I'm so mad right now! I'm sorry you had to go through that! I want to punch the kid! One dent wouldn't hurt that mercedes. Maybe it would even teach him a lesson. With traffic the way it was, I'm sure someone would have stuck up for you. AARGH!! (Okay, living in DC and San Fran have not helped my road rage). You are too good.
What a loser!! I would've called the cops....much more effective than the finger!
You really are way too nice! He really is a jerk!
Oh my! I wish there were a policeman near by because that is so childish and dangerous. Poor you!!! Your thumb down thing is pretty cool. I'll have to remember that, because I have been super tempted to flip people off since Grace was born. (haven't yet though). I always think: Don't you know I have the most precious baby ever in my car??? You are endangering her! It really grates on me.
I'm glad you are safe though, that's what REALLY matters. Jason probably would have purposely hit him and collected insurance money and damaged his precious mercedes!
Hope you have a better day!!!
What an annoying little punk kid! If I had time I would have totally tried to follow him home and tell his parents!
Once these punk teenage boys threw snowballs at my windshield as I drove past (totally almost broke it) and I backed up stopped, and made them all stay with me while I called the cops. The cops took them all to their parents. So dumb!!
What a frustrating circumstance!!!
Post a Comment