Monday, March 1, 2010

27...Yuck!


So...I turned 27 last month. I'm not a huge fan of getting older. In fact...I dread having birthdays. Getting older just isn't my idea of fun! I think it has something to do with me still feeling like I'm 20, and the impossible reality that I'm now just three short years from turning 30. However...even though I hate getting older...I do love my life. So...in honor of turning 27 (yuck), I wanted to write a short list of 27 quirky things about me that you may or may not have known.

1. I married my high school sweetheart
2. I love weird movies...some examples of this include: The NeverEnding Story (I, II, and III, The Dark Crystal, The BFG, and The Last Unicorn (just to name a few).
3. I am OCD when it comes to my house. If something is out of place, it will keep me up at night until I go and put it back where it belongs.
4. I don't really like chocolate chips...so, when I make chocolate chip cookies, I'll usually put in less than 1/2 of what it calls for. It drives Tim nuts!
5. I've never flipped anyone off in my entire life. I give the thumbs down!
6. I've never seen a rated R movie...although I have been tempted.
7. I've seen every episode of Little House on the Prairie at least three times.
8. I love Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
9. I love to clean...I seriously look forward to scrubbing down my kitchen and bathroom each week, it makes me feel so good afterward!
10. I LOVE peaches! I could eat them all day long and never get sick of them.
11. I will often tell people that I don't like something, even if I've never tried it before.
12. I'm a really picky eater...but it has nothing to do with taste for me, it has everything to do with texture.
13. I hate yogurt. I hate that it is healthy for me! It makes my mouth feel all weird.
14. I've had three speeding tickets. One of them was for going 3 miles over the speed limit.
15. I've been taken away in an ambulance.
16. I love to go fishing. I even love to gut and clean the fish. However...I hate the taste of fish!
17. My guilty pleasure is getting a pedicure. It is absolute bliss for me!
18. The day I got married was the happiest and best day of my life.
19. I have been in school for 22 years of my life.
20. I sucked my thumb until I was 7 years old.
21. I love cheese. I think it is possibly one of the greatest inventions of mankind!
22. I love getting my teeth cleaned! I think it feels wonderful!
23. I learned how to juggle in 10th grade for extra credit in order to pass my chemistry class. It was my first and only C I have ever gotten in school.
24. I want to be a stay at home mom when I grow up :).
25. I kissed a lot of boys in high school.
26. I only sluffed seminary once...and I felt so guilty about it, I went (in tears) and told my seminary teacher.
27. I've never said a swear word in my life! I'm really proud of that one!

Well...you may or may not have learned something new about me...and you may or may not really care anyway :).

8 comments:

jake.shalise said...

I had a total LOL moment when I read that you have never flipped anyone off instead give a thumbs down ha ha ha ha I love that one! That's my favorite soooo cute! I see you totally doing that. I loved reading this.. I knew alot of them actually oh another fav.... OCD ha ha remember how I moved the hole puncher and stapler ha ha good times good times! Miss you!

Jill said...

Happy B-day!! Don't worry, you aren't the only one with OCD, or these funny quirks. I have quite a few of the same ones! Oh, and I turn 30 in October, talk about yikes!

Carrie & Adam Brigman said...

Cute post Ash! I turn 30 this year...where does the time go? Love you girl and happy belated b-day! :)

Allyson said...

ok ok ok!!! i am turning 31 in july!!! so you all can just hush!!! oh and um...you have said one swear word!!!! i'll let you figure it out! I do have to say ive flipped someone off...it was troy wall and then he told mom and she bent my finger backwards!!!
happy birthday last month even though i called and told you happy birthday!

Mark and Kimmi said...

Ashley you forgot to add the 2 in front of the 7 for how many years you've been sucking your thumb. Just thought I'd be helpful cause I know how hard it is to get everything right on a post. Your welcome....

Carrie said...

If I forgot to wish you happy birthday then Happy Birthday (very very late). I loved your post and I definitely learned new things about you! Hey, if you want to feel better about getting older, remember you will always be younger than me! When you start to feel you actual age, that is when it should start getting scary. ;)

Paul and Tammy said...

LOL!! You are so funny Ash. There were a couple things in there I didn't know about you. Paul says if you ever need a boost, you can come clean our place. ;)

Stacy said...

This post makes me love you so much! I love all the little quirky things about you =D I love learning interesting things. I already knew how miticulous you are with your house, from selling it! (which made my life as your realtor pure bliss by the way) But I love the ''not liking food you haven't tried'' etc. Very funny! Love this post!

ps: We should go get a pedi!! Maybe in a month when it's time to wear flip flops daily??