Some people may say I'm a bit obsessive about certain things in my life. Which is probably true. When I first started dating Tim, I knew we were meant to be the minute I found out that this 18 year old high school boy ironed his clothes. By himself. Everyday. Most importantly...he ENJOYED it! Could Heavenly Father have created a more perfect person for me? I think not.
Since we have been married, Tim and I have gone through exactly 5 irons. That's right...five. The first four we bought, used, and killed within the first year and a half of our marriage. Then for our second Christmas as husband and wife, my parents gave us a Rowenta iron. If you aren't familiar with the wonderful world of ironing, let me break it down for you. A Rowenta is the Cadillac of all irons. It was one of the most beautiful things I had ever seen.
Today, as I was ironing our sheets (that's right...I iron our sheets. I like them to look crisp when I make the bed. I have issues about wrinkles...), my Rowenta shut off. All by itself. So, I unplugged it, and then plugged it back in thinking maybe there was a glitch or something. But...the friendly little red "hello" light didn't glow, and the beautiful chrome plate didn't heat up. It was a very, very sad moment for me as I realized my Rowenta had given up the ghost, just like that. When I informed Tim of our loss, I think he actually shed a tear.
So...I bid farewell to my old friend. The best iron I ever had. You made my life so much easier over the last four years with your amazing ironing abilities. I replaced you with a mediocre Sunbeam. I'm ashamed to admit it. But, someday, I'll own another Rowenta. Until then, I'll remember how good you were to me.
I know. I'm pathetic. But no one can argue that I've got heart :).








13 comments:
You're odd.....
-Mark
May it rest in peace...:( I just have one question...You're sheets? Really?? I love ya Ash!!! You're so awesome
You do have heart, sure enough. I guess I knew Brandon was the one when he told me he ironed his shirts in a little thing we like to call the dryer. ;)
HAHAHA!! You crack me up!! I have had the same iron for the last 8 yrs. shows you how much I iron. I think we all have something that we get attached to. for me it's our vaccum. I know, weird. we have been through 3 in the last 8 years and this one is on it's way out. :(
To tell you how pathetic we are, we just bought a six dollar iron from Walmart to replace the iron my brother took back after he got back from his mission. Our new iron is pretty crappy, but we only iron a few shirts like every three months. Maybe we should be dumping our ironing off at your house :)
Sam likes Ironing, but i hate it!! I would never iron my sheets!!
Oh and I just noticed my iron is a Rowenta!! Haha!
Awesome! I have glitches like that also...not sure you'd like to know them! We bought a shark from Wal-Mart, it was about 50 bucks, but we have really liked it so far!
Oh, p.s. I am totally doing the spencer blog because of you! And, I love that you think he's a heart-breaker, because I think the same about Emery! Maybe someday in the future, we can introduce them....
Ashley you are funny and more then welcome to come and iron at my house. We do own an iron but I haven't touched it since we got it and it's been 4 years!
Ashley, the only reason we own an iron is because you gave it to us. You can have it back if you need it:)
Your so dang cute ha ha ha! I love how much you love an iron you should iron my clothes ha!
Love the new blog :)
HAHAHAHAHA! you are so adorable! I love that you iron your bedsheets. I always want my sheets crisp too, but never seem up to the task of ironing that much material when there's so much else to be done. Kudos to you!
Oh my!!! You HATE laundry SO much! But you LOVE to IRON??? What in the world???????????????????????????????????????????????????????/ I am SO confused!! Iron your sheets? Then they are too crispy! (I actually don't even use a sheet. Fitted sheet and comforter is all.
I am itching my head in confusion right now. We have owned only one since we have been married. I actually owned it before we were married. It still works the few times a year I pull it out! haha
Post a Comment