I LOVE this time of year! Fall always makes me want to turn on my fireplace, curl up in a blanket, and read a good book or watch the 6 hour version of Pride and Prejudice. That's right...6 hours. It's pretty much amazing. However...being a Mommy has made those two things a little bit difficult. Emmy's naps usually last about 2 hours, 2 times a day. So...instead of wasting my precious alone time doing lazy nothingness, I get things done like cleaning the bathroom, doing the dishes, or beginning on the dreaded laundry piles. Have I ever mentioned how much I HATE laundry. I would rather do pretty much anything other than laundry. Sometimes, I'm tempted to just throw away all the dirty clothes, and go out and buy new ones. If I was a billionaire...I would definately do that! But then again, if I was a billionaire, I would hire someone to do my laundry for me...and still go out and buy new clothes. Oh, to have the life of a billionaire (sigh). Anyway...enough of my pointless daydreaming...
One of my most favorite things about October is pumpkin hunting. It is a HUGE event in the Tappana household. I look forward to it all year long. We usually go to the local Macey's grocery store (because everyone know's they're the best) and pick out five or six amazing pumpkins. This year, we decided to go to an actual pumpkin patch. It was SO fun! Emmy took quite an interest in the different shapes and textures of the pumpkins...and (with her Mommy's help) picked out her very own pumpkin. I'm really looking forward to carving them. I get a little crazy when it comes to pumpkin carving :). Seriously.
Tim pushing the wheelbarrow. I asked him why he didn't smile, and he said "I wanted to look manly". Oh. Smiling=not manly. Good to know.
Our pumpkin haul. Did you know picking out pumpkins is an art? There's a lot of pressure when it comes to picking out the perfect pumpkin. Luckily, I've mastered it. :)
She is seriously the cutest baby in the world! I am really looking forward to all the holidays this year. Having a baby makes everything different. But, it also makes everything so much better.










8 comments:
haha! I love Tim wanting to be manly comment. We got our pumpkins from Maceys this year but that looks a little more fun.
Cute! You crack me up but I won't smile because I too want to be more manly! :) The holidays are a lot of fun with a kid. Can't wait to see your carved pumpkins. We like to carve too. Roger is serious about it he uses a jigsaw.
I love pumpkin carving, but I'm not a master like you are at it. I just always do the basic face. Not that cool.
Those look like some great pumpkins. I wish I had your stamina when it comes to carving them. I usually get restless and overly anxious to get it over with that the end project doesn't look as good as I think it should from all the work I put into it. In the end I'll admit I had fun but it usually takes another year to want to carve another one. ;)
Ash, I've carved pumpkins with you before, I know how much you enjoy it. Emmy is pretty cute, but I know who will be the cutest little fella around :)
Fun! I love it when the pumpkins finally come out!! Spencer has really loved them this year, and I can't wait to see what he thinks when we carve them up this weekend!! What patch did you go to?
Aw she is the most adorable baby and I can't wait to witness this first hand! :)
I love pumpkins! That's one cute pumpkin patch with a beautiful family in it ;)
I so agree with babies making everything better... until they are two (he he... no, just kidding). You definitely are the master pumpkin chooser. I love this time of year too. Have fun carving those pumpkins!
Post a Comment