Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Annoying things that quite clearly...must go

Well...here is another one of my lists. What can I say? I really, really enjoy coming up with lists of totally random things. Especially things that annoy me. I often find myself people watching and thinking to myself "what the heck". So, here is my list of things that must go. Soon.

Please don't be annoyed with me :)

#1. Kristen Stewart


I use to really love the Twilight series...that is...until the movies came out and ruined it for me. The number one factor of my dislike? Kristen Stewart. Seriously...can the girl even act? Ugh! I guess I get mostly annoyed when she screams. It sounds like someone is dying. It's awful. But then again...I annoy myself by going to see the movies. Really, what the heck is wrong with me?

#2. People who get in the "10 Items or Less" line with carts that look like this...


Seriously...it's rude. I'm sorry you think that you are more important than everyone else, but please don't make the rest of us wait because you're all high and mighty. And yes...I am one of those people who counts how many items the person in front of me has. I'm sure...that fact quite possibly...might annoy some of you :)

#3. The Cart Leaver


The other day, I was walking out of Target and saw a woman probably around 25 who pushed her cart to the front of her car, hopped in her white Honda Civic, and drove away. The most horrible part of this sad sad tale...the shopping cart return was right next to her parking spot. Rude. Seriously...be a good citizen and please return your cart. It is for the benefit of the world.

#4. Pit Bulls



I have some neighbors that have pit bulls. At one point, they had a grand total of 13. I believe they are now down to 7. However...I am getting a little bit sick of their darn dogs digging holes under our fence and into our backyard and then running a muck...especially if it is 2:30 in the morning. Plus...they leave mega sized poo! Gross. Worst part...the neighbor has the nerve to accuse me of digging the holes myself. Seriously dude? Wow. What a winner!

#5. Texas sized pimples...I'm freaking 27 years old for crying out loud!



I think the thing I hate most about pimples is the people who stare at them and then forget that we're having a conversation because they're concentrating so hard on the new continent growing on my face. I'm 27. I shouldn't be getting the nasty pests to begin with. Also...please don't ask me what is on my face. I am very aware that I have a growth that is getting bigger by the second.


#6. Pepsi and restaurants who serve it


I hate Pepsi. I think it is gross. I am a Diet Coke drinker. In fact...I am so loyal to the makers of Coke, that if I go to a restaurant who serves Pepsi, I will never go there again. That's right. I'm a prude. But I can't help it! Does it help if I admit that I'm addicted? Does that make me any less of a jerk? Seriously though...if I am really looking forward to a Diet Coke, and I go to a restaurant who serves Pepsi...it almost ruins my day. Almost. I'm sorry all you Pepsi drinkers...but Diet Pepsi just doesn't cut it. I need my Diet Coke fix. A crappy substitute isn't gonna make it better.

#7. Skinny Jeans

I am so tired of going to the store to buy a new pair of jeans and finding racks upon racks of these horrible excuses for fashion! There is a very few percentage of people who can wear the skinny jean and actually pull it off. I, am NOT one of those people. I'm curvy (that's my nice way of calling myself chubby so I don't hurt my feelings :) ). Skinny jeans are NOT made for curvy girls. Plus...when I see someone that totally rocks the skinny jeans, it makes me jealous. Therefore; I am breaking a commandment...which is never good. Hopefully big baggy jeans that hide my chub come back into style soon :). Otherwise, I might start sporting a pair of sweats...and that my friends, will be a sad day indeed.

#8. The disappointment that is the Utah Jazz


I'm sorry all you Utah Jazz fans. But, it's true. I am NOT a Jazz fan, and proud of it. The fact is, they're SO predictable. Let me give you a rundown of their season. It goes as follows: they do really really well the first 10 or so games, and then they suck. The rest of the time. I guess I am just fed up with them NEVER pulling through for all their loyal fans. Not once. In 30 some odd years. I think, quite possibly, it could be a conspiracy...


#9. People who smoke right next to the entrance of stores


I am perfectly fine with the fact that people smoke. I am perfectly fine with the fact that they are okay with killing themselves slowly with poison. That's their choice. It's quite gross, and they smell and their teeth are yellow and their lungs are black. I am not perfectly fine with them imposing their disgusting habit on me. I do not want to breathe in their choice of death. I like my healthy pink lungs. I would like them to stay that way. Please...just stay 25 feet from the building, and we'll all be happy. You're able to smoke, and I don't have to live with the consequences of your choices.

#10. People who choose to use the stall next to you when there are 10 other empty stalls to choose from...


I hate using public bathrooms. Period. It's kinda, pretty much, really gross. If I can handle it, I almost always wait until I get home. There are those occasions though where I just can't hold it any longer and I have to run to the nearest germ infested stall. I LOVE empty bathrooms on these occasions. However, every now and then, someone will come into the nearly empty bathroom at the same time as me, and out of the 100 other empty stalls, they choose to use the one next to mine. I think this is weird. But...maybe that's just me.

#11. People who like to decorate their license plate with their yearly registration sticker


I HATE this! UGH! Tim laughs at me because I get so annoyed. Please, please, PLEASE...follow the directions and place your new yearly sticker ON TOP of the old one. It is really quite simple. Unless...you are really that dumb. But, I guess some people are.

#12. People who think they have the cutest baby in the world...


...when clearly and quite honestly...it's obvious that I have the cutest baby in the world :). I had to add that one. I just couldn't help myself.

7 comments:

jake.shalise said...

I agree 100.10% with all of it! We're so meant to be friends after every single one of them I'd get excited knowing this is exactly what I am ALWAYS complaining about to Jake and that I'm NOT alone! Thanks for this post it totally started out my morning here at work! I love it! #12 is the best picture of the bunch!!! :D

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHA!! Ash you make me laugh!

Paul and Tammy said...

Ha ha ha, I love you Ash!!! This makes me feel better knowing that I'm not the only one who gets bugged over what others say are "small" things. They matter to me. Sometimes I try to be laid back and not let things bug me, but I can't lie, they just do. ;)

Angela said...

Haha I'm sure I can agree with you on all of these except one. The Jazz! Come on Ash! My husband can never see this! Honestly, I used to think they were overrated but then I went to a game.

Brandon and Julie said...

so funny, you make me laugh, the pimple one kills me, seeing as I am the one that gets the "zit goatee" as I like to call it when pregnant, yes I am aware that my entire chin and lip are covered in nasty zits that don't go away until one to two months after this baby is born, just don't bring it up. There I said, what a relief to get that off my chest. ;) so funny

Shandra said...

You know, she is pretty adorable. And I agree with you on the Twilight situation 110%, although Breaking Dawn also did a good job of ruining the rest of the books for me. I have been known to leave my cart in the parking lot, but only when all three of my kids are screaming in the van and I'm going to have to walk out of line of sight in order to put it away. And I try to make up for it by straightening up the carts every other time I put them away. Who knows if that helps. I will park further away from the store just to park next to a cart return though. All in all, an awesome post that I totally agree with!

Tim and Heidi said...

You and your rants. Love it. She's the cutest thing around. Can't wait for her boyfriend to get here, so they can be cute together!