Monday, November 15, 2010

Halloween...a little late

We attended our second annual Tappana Halloween party this year thrown by Tim's brother Brig and his wife Kari. Although, I'm pretty sure Kari does most of the work :). Also...it's not their second annual throwing of the Halloween party...but we only became cool enough to be invited to go a year ago...making this year our second time-hence-our second annual Tappana Halloween party! It was lots of fun, and Kari always plans fun activities throughout the night. We played a few games, ate lots of yummy food...and won the costume contest second year running! That's right, we Tappana's know how to make a costume look good! I take this whole costume thing pretty serious...especially when prizes are on the line!

Tim and I went as Mario and Luigi. I am very proud to say that I made our costumes. Not that it was difficult or anything...it just makes me feel more homemakerish :) (if that even is a word). The overalls were borrowed, the hats were on clearance at Walmart, the shirts were a $4.00 Target special, and the felt was $.20 a piece at JoAnn's Fabrics! Grand total...$14.00. That's right folks...pretty darn proud of that :). I do have to say that we looked pretty much amazing.

Our little sweet pea went as a very darling ladybug. We had so much fun showing her off. This picture is one of about 50 that I took trying to get the little stinker to smile at me. But...alas, she refused to budge even just a little. She's still adorable though, even if she's not smiling :)

I found this costume on clearance the day before Halloween and couldn't resist. Tabby looked so cute...although she moped around the house the entire time she had it on. She's such a good sport :). She puts up with a lot...especially since Emmy has discovered Tabby's ears...poor dog.

Happy Halloween (even if it is 15 days overdue)!

8 comments:

Tim and Heidi said...

Super cute!!! Your costumes turned out great and little peanut looks as cute as always! Did you talk like Mario and Luigi too? You better have!

Brandon and Julie said...

so stinkin cute you are, love the costumes!!! you lady bugs are cuties, and those tights on Emmy are to die for, where did you find them???

Jill said...

Way cute! You guys look great, and Emmy is to cute for words!! Poor dog...

The Larchars said...

Ahhh! I can't believe you found those awesome tights for Emmy! She looks sooo darn cute! Way to go on the costumes. I always love a good halloween party!

Ryan and Carli said...

Emmy is so dang cute!! And your costumes are awesome. Great job!

Brigham said...

Hahahaha! Oh Tabby :) You were always cool enough, I just didn't think you guys would want to come in the past. It's probably that WE weren't cool enough to invite you. I look forward to seeing what costumes I have to contend with next year :)

jake.shalise said...

I love the costumes! I really love Emmy's lady bug costume so stinkin darling!! May is the same way ha ha I think the dogs know that once a year we have to dress them up and they all hate it! Tabby looks darling too though!!!

Angela said...

Haha Love all of the costumes! Great job! Emmy looks so cute! Kayla was a lady bug her first Halloween good choice. Your dog cracks me up!