I was lucky enough to meet Tim my sophomore year of high school. I remember walking into Mrs. Brown's math class that first day at Taylorsville. I hated math. I remember taking my seat, and then, as discretely as I could...scanning over my classmates. I had gone to a Jr. High where 90% of my friends went to a different high school. I was pretty much starting over in the friend category. It sucked. So...as I was checking out the 15 year old kids that I would be going to school with for the next three years, my eyes stopped on Tim. I remember that he was wearing shorts. They were khaki. His legs were hairy. And I knew, that one day, he would be my boyfriend.
Three years later...in the middle of our senior year...he was :)

This picture was taken the day of Jr. Prom, senior year. We were both 18 :)
This Valentines Day marks our 10th Valentines Day together. Ten years ago...Tim gave me gerber daisies for the very first time. Ten years ago, I became completely and utterly smitten. I'll never be the same. Here's a list of 10 of our favorite random little tid bits about our relationship over the last 10 years...
1. The very first time Tim "introduced" himself to me was in gym class. After chucking a basketball at my head and knocking me spread eagle to the ground to get my attention because he desperately wanted to meet me...he ran to my rescue and then asked if my glasses were okay. Ummm...yeah, they're great. My nose however might be broken, thank you. Now...his version of the story is completely different. He'd like you to think that hitting me in the head was an accident. Believe me...not even John Stockton has that good of aim :)
2. Tim asked me out three times before I finally said yes. Luckily...for me...he was quite a determined young man.
3. After walking me to the door after our first date...Tim shook my hand. That's right folks. He has quite a firm grip too :)
4. The February before Tim left on his mission, he surprised me every single day of the month with a chocolate heart hidden in the most random places. Wrapped inside each one was a sweet little note listing reasons why he loved me. The first February after his mission he did it again...and every February since then too. My note today said "Happy 10th Valentines Day, I love you". I'm already anticipating where I'll find my heart tomorrow...
5. Tim told me he loved me for the first time at a park near where we both grew up. We were sitting on a bench by the playground eating ice cream cones. It was wonderful.
6. The night before we got engaged was Christmas Eve...and Tim managed to make me really, really mad. As he left my house, I told him to not bother coming over the next day. Ummm...yeah, I can be a bit dramatic at times :). Anyway...the next morning, when he came over (without my knowledge) my mom said to him in all seriousness, "Good luck, I don't know what she'll say to you". Luckily for him, diamond rings seem to have a calming affect on me :)
7. I've only seen Tim get mad once. In ten years. It was during a game of Monopoly that we were playing with his 10 year old little brother. I had no intention of playing the game by the rules...as I do with most games. This was my first mistake. The second was telling Tim that it was just a game. I now know exactly how seriously Tim takes Monopoly. To this day, I have refused to play Monopoly with him. I also warn anyone who offers to play it with him of the consequences of that decision. They usually back out.
8. After researching it online, watching several you tube videos, and hours of practice...Tim has mastered how to french braid my hair. He did this because I can't braid my own hair. Now he can do it for me. I think that's incredibly sweet.
9. On the day we got married, I woke up and hour and a half late. I was supposed to meet my mother-in-law at her salon at 6:00 in the morning. I woke up at 7:00. I was supposed to be at the temple at 8:20. I got there at 9:20. I believe my arrival calmed a very nervous Tim. He woke up on time and had been pacing in the waiting room for over an hour. Better late than never I always say. I just wanted to make an entrance :)
10. I soon discovered, very early in our marriage that Tim is particular of two things. Number one being the way the toilet paper roll is placed into the holder. Number two...the way the dishes are loaded into the dishwasher. Now...you should know...I despise doing the dishes. I think it's disgusting. I could care less how the dishes are loaded in the dishwasher as long as I'm not touching their grossness for very long before I "neatly" chuck them into the racks. However...I guess loading the dishwasher is an art. Tim has mastered this art. He likes to reload what I've loaded behind my back...and I do have to admit, it is quite amazing how well he gets things to fit. He could probably win a contest if there was a contest for loading dishwashers. In fact...Tim could probably win a lot of contests. He's pretty much that amazing.
Happy Valentines Day!








9 comments:
I LOVE this post!! It is so sweet! Especially how you remember exactly what he was wearing the first time you saw him and how you knew someday he'd be your boyfriend.
so cute you are my friend!!! and I just love that the last two posts have pictures of you from the past, so fun!!!
So I knew most of the things you put, however I did not know that Tim had to ask you three times. That is hilarious! I'm glad he kept trying :) I love how much you love him. Cute cute cute post!
Ahhh so sweet!! You guys are so perfect for each other. I bet Tim wouldn't get mad at me while playing monopoly because I'm not very good and I don't know what I'm doing so he'd kick my trash. But, I really don't like monopoly so if he'd ask me to play I'd say no.
You totally showed up my Valentine's post! I thought I was being so sweet and here you are making these lists on showing me up!
that was fun to read. thanks for the sharing the sweetness of your family valentines!
I love reading your posts!! I think #1 is my most favorite story I giggled here all by myself at work haha! So funny! You two are my favorite your stories are so darn cute!!
#8 made me cry. now that's love.
So sweet :)...Tim was always a nice guy...I remember Pre-school and elementary too. One thing he used to do in JR high is showed us all how he can squirt milk out of his eyes LOL! To this day, he is still the only person I have ever seen do that.
Post a Comment