Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Perspective


Today was a busy day.

When Emmy and I got home from an afternoon full or errands, I made her a delicious bowl of oatmeal and mixed garden vegetables, gave her a bath, put on her pajamas, rocked together in the rocking chair, sang primary songs before I told her I loved her, and then I put her to bed. It's our nightly routine.

Then, after finding the link on my friend Julie's Facebook status, I read this blog...

After wiping my tears, I crept back into my sleeping baby's room, gently picked her up, sat back down in the rocking chair, and quietly sang to her again. I studied her face. I kissed her cheeks. I held her close. I couldn't keep myself from crying.

After laying her back down, I stayed by the side of her crib and watched her for awhile. I listened to her soft snores and smiled. I love her more than I ever thought possible.

I will never take anything about her for granted again.

She is Tim's and my whole world.

Tonight I feel especially grateful.

6 comments:

jake.shalise said...

OH.MY.GOODNESS! The tears wouldn't stop coming while reading that. Breaks my heart to read that. Give little Emmy a big love from me, oooh I just want to snuggle her too!

Brigham said...

I don't even know how I'd do it. I have to say I'm a bit traumatized now. Especially since Ammon has already turned blue on me once! I never want to leave either of my babies again.

Paul and Tammy said...

I am seriously bawling right now. That has got to be the hardest thing to have to face. Give Emmy some extra hugs from us since we don't have our own yet to snuggle with.

Carrie said...

Babies and children are so precious. As they get older, you love their personalities even more. I nearly cried for joy yesterday when I woke to Eli (who was sleeping with us that night) laughing in his dreams. They are little angels that we are so lucky to get to raise. Emmy is such a sweet girl with two amazing parents. Love you all.

Anonymous said...

That is so so sad. I already love my baby so much I can't imagine losing it so soon. So so sad.

Laurie said...

I seriously just bawled my eyes out!! That is the saddest thing EVER!...I can't imagine taking my child to a babysitter and NEVER seeing him or her again! It so breaks my heart!!