Emmy loves lots of things. But she does have her favorites :)
Here are her top 10...in no particular order
{1}
Pulling out the alphabetized DVD's
This particular favorite of Emmy's is definitely not one of mine. In fact...the only time she ever gets a chance to destroy the organization of this shelf is when Daddy is watching her and Mommy is elsewhere.
In the few seconds it takes Emmy to pull out all the movies...it takes me about 30 minutes to repair the damage. Remember how I said they were alphabetized? Sometimes I hate the fact that I'm OCD.
{2}
Stuffed anythings
If you'll pay particular attention to all of the stuffed anythings to the left of her crib...on the floor. While Emmy loves to snuggle and kiss each and everyone of her little friends...I think she actually enjoys chucking them on the floor when she wakes up in the morning or after naps even more.
{3}
Books, books, books
Emmy can look at her books a hundred times a day and still want to look at them a hundred times more. She will spend hours in her little pile of books looking through each one. She'll usually grab a book, scoot it on the floor to me, crawl into my lap, and then point at it for me to read to her. Even though I end up cleaning the pile of books and putting them away about a dozen times a day...I love having my little girl climb into my lap. It makes me happy :)
{4}
Her baskets of toys
One of my favorite things is seeing Emmy wander over to her baskets, pull one out...peek over the side of it...and then reach her little hand in and grab something. I also enjoy how busy she stays while I fold a basket of laundry or make the bed or some other such wifey/motherly thing :). As you can tell from the picture...Emmy quite enjoys herself too. In fact...I think anything that can potentially cause a mess is something that she would gladly participate in.
{5}
FOOD!
If there is one thing that Emmy loves above anything else...it's eating. Besides peas...we've yet to discover anything that she doesn't like. Some of her favorites include: green beans, macaroni and cheese, hotdogs, sloppy joes, strawberries, banannas, blackberries, tomatoes, and animal crackers. We've tried going the whole fork and spoon route...but she still prefers her hands. Hopefully we'll eventually train her to be the prim and proper princess that she truly is :)
{6}
Bath time
Emmy has always loved bath time. She's now to the point where she will toddle over to the tub while I'm filling it with water and try to climb in while simultaneously pulling on her clothes to get them off. However...bath time has also become a sore spot for Mommy because Emmy thinks it's hilarious to throw out all of her toys and soak the bathroom floor. Because a firm "NO" wasn't working...we've had to put the toys away for awhile. But even without them...she still loves being in the tub :)
{7}
Seeking out Mommy's unmentionables
I posted a picture of Emmy several months ago after finding her enthralled with her new "toys" that she discovered in one of the bathroom drawers. Her excitement at her discovery has only increased over the months as this continues to be one of her favorite activities...much to my dismay.
{8}
Brownie
Meet Brownie.
Emmy and Brownie first met two months ago...and it was love at first sight. While she loves stuffed anythings...she will always, always, always pick Brownie over anything else.
If you're wondering where we came up with the name Brownie...it was Tim's brilliant invention. Because she has brown hair. Yep. That's about as imaginative as we get :)
{9}
Swinging
Emmy loves to swing. Really high. The higher she goes...the more she squeals. It's as simple as that :)
{10}
Anything and everything Daddy
These two are inseparable when Tim is home. Emmy is quite smitten with him...and I'm sure the feeling is completely mutual :). Tim was made to be a Daddy. Emmy will be a Daddy's girl...and I couldn't be happier watching the two of them together.
I feel blessed to have them both in my life, and to know they are mine forever.
They're definitely one of MY favorite things :)








8 comments:
She's such a cutie! I sure do love her! Can't wait for Logan to get big enough so they can start playing together!
Haha! She is so stinking cute. But I'll wager she won't be so much into 'unmentionables' when she has to use them. That's when I lost interest anyway.
Now this is my type of post! So fun! However, while I was reading, I thought the green beans on her tray looked like green worms and i was completely grossed out for a minute.
But I got over it as I looked at cute pictures of my niece :)
Very cute! I loved Emmy's favorite things!
i miss her! i think her #1 thing is eating though! That girl is a lunch gut! I love the pic of brownie! I see you are using your new camera! good girl! hope you are enjoying it!
Such a sweet list. Cooper loves his dad and bath time, but he's scared to death of the swing for some reason. He just cries more and more the higher he goes. :)
Okay, I have a teeth question for you. Cooper has a mouth full of pearly whites and we want to keep them that way. We try to brush but it's really hard to get to his top teeth. Any tips for making teeth brushing more fun for an 18 month old?
Ahhh- you captured those moments adorably with photos and commentary. You will love being able to go back and read that again someday! She is such a cutie, and it brings back memories! I love your toy organizing shelf with the baskets, super cute!!!
So adorable! She is getting so big, I can't believe it. I love her long hair too. Nathan is the same way with books! So cute!
Post a Comment