Monday, August 15, 2011

In Less Than 24 Hours...

Tim and I will be on a plane flying over the pacific ocean 2,991 miles to spend 8 beautiful days on the island of Oahu.


I'm a little bit excited :)

Here's some fun facts about Hawaii:

1. Hawaii is the most isolated population center on the face of the earth
2. Hawaii is the only state that grows coffee
3. From East to West, Hawaii is the widest state in the U.S.
4. Hawaii produces about 320,000 tons of pineapple each year
5. Hawaii has it's own time zone
6. The Hawaiian alphabet consists of only 12 letters: A, E, I, O, U, H, K, L, M, N, P, and W
7. Hawaii is the only state whose land area is increasing
8. Hawaii is the only state whose majority of people are non-white
9. More birds have become extinct in Hawaii than any other part of the world
10. Hawaii has the oldest newspaper West of the Rocky Mountains - The Sandwich Island Gazette
11. Hawaii has the highest life expectancy in the United States
12. Hawaii has the fewest overweight people in the U.S.
13. Hawaiian people consume more SPAM than any other state
14. The islands of Hawaii were one of the last places on earth to be discovered and occupied by people
15. Hawaii has no snakes, seagulls, or...rabies :)

See you later Salt Lake City...

Aloha Hawaii!



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are some fun facts about Hawaii. Here is another fact: I am sooo jealous!! I hope you guys have the best time ever...which i know you will!!

Paul and Tammy said...

I am so so SO jealous!!!! Hope you guys have fun. Take lots of pictures for us to see so we can dream about being there

Brandon and Julie said...

Have fun, fun, fun, a little bit jealous you are somewhere with out rabies, but what can you do?

John & Britta said...

I'm jealous! Have lots of fun!!!