Saturday, August 27, 2011

Eight Days In Paradise

We've been back now for four days...and although I missed my Emmy immensely, I kinda miss waking up each morning knowing that I was on an island in the middle of the ocean.

Here's a few of our adventures while we explored Oahu...

We hiked the famous Diamond Head
and after climbing most of a mountain, and then 790 stairs to the top...
we saw views like this:



Swam in some awesome lagoons...


Visited the La'ie Temple...



Viewed Mother Nature's wrath...



Hiked to a beautiful waterfall...



Made some new friends on the beach...



Tasted the famous Matsumoto's Shave Ice...



Hiked to a lighthouse that was also seen on LOST...




Participated in carnivorous activities...


Drank out of a pineapple...


Was forced to learn the Hula...
(yes...it was humiliating)


Played some Tongan games...


Visited a Buddhist Temple...



Enjoyed shenanigans at the Dole Plantation...




Sat on the beach and watched many of these...



Visited Pearl Harbor...


Practiced using heavy artillery machines...


Needless to say, Hawaii kept us busy.
Hopefully, someday...we'll make it back. We kinda fell in love with it there :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your trip looked so amazing!! I am jealous but glad you guys got to have such a fun time!!

Paul and Tammy said...

We are so jealous!!! We didn't get to do some of the things you guys did when we were there so when we go back (and we are definitely going back someday) we'll have to remember some of these places. Looks like you guys had a blast.

Carrie said...

So glad you had fun. Way to keep yourselves busy while being relaxed!

Brandy J. said...

You are two great vacation planners...it looks like you went to all the same places we went in May. We love Hawaii, but can't imagine how hard it must have been to be away from your little one. I'm sure Emmy was happy to see you.

jake.shalise said...

Jake and I are SOOOOO DANG JEALOUS! Hawaii is my dream vacation spot and we've yet to go :( you guys look like you had such a blast! I love all of these super fun pictures! Those pineapple drinks you are sippin on look amazing!! Mmm... glad you guys enjoyed every second!! :D

Kari said...

I wish I could see sea turtles! And go to Hawaii! And go snorkeling! And ride scooters! And go hiking! :)

I'm glad you had so much fun and that you are back with your Emmy! I love your pictures!!

John & Britta said...

What an awesome trip! I have yet to be away from my girls and I know it would be hard but I want to go on a vacation like that... Just me and John. I'm jealous!