Sunday, February 12, 2012

Special Visitor

We are learning a new song in Primary this month. It's one of my most favorite hymns, and I would say probably one of the most well known too.

What's the song you ask? Well...it's Choose the Right of course!

Oh...and yes, I'm still the Primary Music Leader. I think it's my lot in life...and yes, I really am a terrible person for saying that.

Anyway, to make things more fun for the Jr. Primary during singing time, I invited a very special guest to come and help us know exactly what it means to choose the right.

Who'd I invite you ask? Well...none other than Captain CTR of course!


Now, I know some of you may be thinking that Captain CTR looks A LOT like my incredibly handsome and good looking husband...but you would be wrong. It would have been impossible for Tim to come into primary today because he was in Elders Quorum...not prancing around in a mask and cape with a CTR shield spreading choose the right cheer.

I have to say, Captain CTR was quite the hit. In fact, he was so loved that I had requests for him to join us for Sr. Primary singing time as well.

Sometimes...I can be quite clever with my choices for teaching a song. But I have to admit, this one was probably one of my favorites. Captain CTR even had his own theme song...

What was the theme song you ask? Well...The Army of Helman of course!

Everyone knows that a Super Hero is nothing without a theme song announcing his entrance into a room :)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a cute idea!! I can't believe you know such a super hero!

The Adventurous Spencer said...

That.is.awesome.

Jill said...

That.was.Jill.

Brigham said...

I don't get why his theme song wasn't "Choose the Right"

Brieanna said...

Aliesha loved captain CTR!! When I pulled up your blog she started jumping up and down when she saw his picture. You make singing time so much fun! You are amazing at your calling, both my girls just love you!

Tim and Heidi said...

Lookin good Tim, I mean Captain CTR :

Kari said...

I know why are stuck as Primary Music Leader, because you are so dang good at it. Maybe if you started sucking you would be released...just an idea.

Anyways, that is awesome. I wish our Primary could be visited by Captain CTR. Maybe you could arrange one?

Paul and Tammy said...

I love it!! That is why you are in this calling. You make it so much fun for the kids and you're good at it. I tried filling in for our director a couple of times and it is harder than it looks and very intimidating. Props for you and Captain CTR

John & Britta said...

so Awesome! What a great idea!