Sunday, March 18, 2012

For My Husband...

If you're not one for a bunch of mush and sap and lovey, dovey stuff...you may just want to skip over this next post. Which is perfectly fine. I wrote it for Tim anyway :)

Dear Tim,

As I'm sitting here right now, I can hear you in the bathroom with our daughter...singing songs, laughing, playing...being the best dad in the entire world. I cannot help but wonder what it was that I did before we came to earth that Heavenly Father would bless me with such a man in my life.

You are my best friend, my greatest blessing, my strength, my rock, my eternal companion.

Over the last several weeks, I've become so much more aware of how much you love me. I've always known how incredibly lucky I am. Anyone can look at you and the type of person you are and know just exactly how lucky I am. But I've come to a greater understanding of what it is that makes me so happy and that makes me grateful for the blessing of you each day of my life.

I know I take many things that you do on a daily basis for granted...but I want you to know exactly how much I appreciate you. I know so much of what you do is to make things easier for me and because you love making me happy. You make me happier than I could possibly ever imagine. I wish I had your goodness. I want so much to become more like you. You make me want to become a better person each day. Thank you for your example. It means more to me than you will ever know.

I want you to know, that no matter what, I will always have your back. I will stand by you and support you and love you and be your sounding board, your comfort, your safe place. I want to be everything to you that you are to me. What we have is special. I never want to take that for granted.

Most of all, I want you to know that I promise to love you every single day for the rest of our forever. It's easy for me to know how much my Heavenly Father loves me because he gave me you. I will be eternally grateful for that gift.

I love you Darling.

love,
Ash

1 comment:

Caitlin said...

I love reading sap. This is really cute.