Thursday, May 10, 2012

15 Minutes

You know the saying:

Good moms have sticky floors
messy kitchens,
laundry piles,
dirty ovens,
and happy kids

So...because I like to have a clean home that makes me a bad mom?
And Emmy and Jack are depressed?
Really?

As a mom...and let's be honest...as a human being...I've always been a really super clean person.  If there's a mess, it really stresses me out.  You can ask Tim.  He'll tell you I turn into this crazy-not-so-nice person when there's a mess.  I just do better when my house is clean.  I feel better when my house is clean.  I'm happier when my house is clean.  

I realize that somedays...especially now that I have two little ones...it's a bit harder to keep everything neat and tidy.  So...I've made a habit of cleaning everything up at night after the kids have gone to bed.  It works for me.  My house stays clean.  Mommy stays happy.

Here's a couple pictures of my kitchen this afternoon at 12:30...



Here's a few pictures of my kitchen at 12:45 this afternoon...





It's amazing the difference 15 minutes, simultaneous lunch and dinner preparation, and two screaming children can make.

So...instead of relaxing on my couch this afternoon and reading one of my books that's been calling to me all day during naptime...I cleaned my kitchen.

I wanna make sure I'm a happy Mommy when Emmy wakes up.
Because even though some saying says otherwise...I'm a good Mommy.

Most of the time :)

5 comments:

Paul and Tammy said...

Whew!!! Not sure how you do it. I can't remember the last time my place was clutter free and I only have 1 child AND I don't work. You are a super mommy!

Mark Dibb said...

Ashley, your disorganization and your homes overall deplorable conditions makes me want to vomit.

Carrie said...

Ashley, that saying is just what moms like me started saying to help us feel better after meeting super moms like you who can some how manage to keep a room clean for more than 30 seconds (no, more like 2 seconds) after you pick it up :)

Kari said...

Dirtiness stresses me out too. I would have a hard time reading a book if my house was messy. Maybe I'm not quite as obsessive as you, but I know how you feel and I'm with ya girl. Now if only I had cute things in my house so my place actually looked good when clean, like yours. Maybe you should give me some of your cute stuff ;) Share the wealth.

Tim and Heidi said...

Logan can demolish are house in fifteen minutes and if you're a bad Mom for wanting your house clean, then I am too!