Saturday, June 9, 2012

Delicious {Easy} Homemade Salsa...Trust Me On This One :)


A few years ago my brother met one of the most amazing women in the entire world.
Luckily for my family, he married her.

Upon that blessed union...she brought with her an extremely mouth-watering, life-changing, tummy-pleasing, amazingly delicious and surprisingly simple recipe.

Seriously...the longest part of the whole process is opening the cans of tomatoes.

This salsa is delicious folks.

Here it is...the most glorious salsa you will ever dip a chip in, ready to eat in three minutes or less...

2 cans stewed tomatoes
1 4 oz. can diced green chilies
1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
2 tsp. Lawry's seasoned pepper
1 tsp. vegetable oil
1 tsp. vinegar
1 tsp. onion salt
1 tsp. garlic salt
4 green onions diced (optional)
1-2 drops Tabasco sauce 

Blend all ingredients in a blender for ten seconds




Mmmmm...doesn't that look delicious?  

I'm a bit of a wimp when it comes to anything spicy...so I usually leave out the Tabasco sauce and the onions much to Tim's dismay.  It's good to eat right after...but excellent if it's been able to cool in the fridge for a couple hours.  This delicious treat is definitely a favorite in our household.

Hope you enjoy it too!

3 comments:

Carrie said...

This definitely sounds good. Thanks for sharing. Can't wait to try it. Darn me for reading it on a Sunday!!

Paul and Tammy said...

Mmmm thanks for sharing. We will definitely try this one out and let you know what we think. Hope all is well

Tim and Heidi said...

I totally posted a comment a couple weeks ago, but I guess when I do stuff on my Kindle it doesn't always work right! Looks yummy!