Monday, February 11, 2013

It Happened...


When I was in elementary school, there was a girl in my class whose mom was really young compared to all the other moms.  She was 29.  She was beautiful.  She was fun.  

So, I always thought about turning 29.  What I would be like.  What I would be doing.  Would I be married?  Would I have kids?  Would I be famous?  Would I have lots of money?  You know...the usual ponderings of pre-adulthood.  

Funny thing...I NEVER thought about turning 30.

Until I turned 25, and realized that turning 30 was only a few short 5 years away.
Before I knew it...I was 27, and then 29...and BAM!!!

I turned 30 on Friday.
For those of you who know me well...you know this was not an easy birthday for me.  I've been dreading it for years.  I am now officially old.  You can say otherwise, but I know you're just trying to make me feel better about myself.  I'm old.  But at least I'm happy :)

Here's a few funnies to help you understand exactly how I feel about this birthday...







It was a good day.

Even though I turned 30 :)

5 comments:

Tim and Heidi said...

I'm a little sad that I don't see a picture of the 30 sucks I made for you. I'm glad you survived your birthday and I know this year is going to bring lots of good things for you!!!! Love ya!

Caitlin said...

Honestly, I am not that excited for 30 either. I love the funnies though. Happy Birthday, even though you didn't want it.

Lynnell said...

Haha you make me laugh , I felt the same when I turned 30 too. if it makes you feel any better I am now older than 30...

Kari said...

Happy Birthday! Just think, 30 is not so bad, you could be dead instead....

lacieinthesky said...

Happy belated birthday! I have to say, I remember growing up your mom would always say she was 29 and had been for years, so it made me smile that you "passed" her in age, haha! I hope you had a great day!