I absolutely love my daughter...
and I absolutely love my son.
However, it never ceases to amaze me about the difference between the two.
Yes, Jack is a boy and Emmy is a girl, so they have differences...anatomically :)
But I mean differences with their personalities. Differences in their likes and dislikes. Differences in absolutely everything.
For example:
When I tell Emmy no, 90% of the time she listens and has been that way since she was Jack's age.
When I tell Jack no...he gets this grin on his face and continually does whatever I've said "no" to as many times as he can until I pick up his body and remove him from said item.
While Emmy never, ever had interest in the toilet, and only ever wanted to sit on it...Jack has found joy in playing in the toilet water...as well as dropping things into the bowl and then giggling at his cleverness.
Emmy didn't figure out how to climb the stairs until she was around 18 months.
Jack mastered it at 10 months.
Emmy never had bruises on her body.
Jack has three right now.
Emmy hardly ever tried to open drawers or cabinet doors.
Jack has not only figured out how to open them, but also how to yank as hard as possible to open the ones with "safety" locks on them.
Emmy didn't discover the toilet paper roll until she was around two...and even then, she only unrolled it maybe twice before she understood that it did not make Mommy happy. Jack has unrolled nearly six rolls. He could care less that it doesn't make Mommy happy.
Emmy never really had any interest in what we were eating, until she was around 15 months. Jack screams at us until we share...and even then, we're not doing it fast enough.
Emmy never pulled my hair, nor anyone else's.
Jack grabs as much as he can and yanks quick and hard.
Emmy loved her bottles.
Jack throws them at me.
When I would carelessly put things within reach of Emmy when she was Jack's age, I never had to worry about her grabbing them. Jack sees it as an opportunity to throw something on the ground.
Emmy was never very good at naps when she was a baby, and some days it was a fight to the finish to get her to sleep. All I have to do with Jack is lay him in bed, give him his blanket, and he is out within seconds. This may be due to the fact that all of his waking moments are spent harassing his mommy and causing trouble :)
I have friends that had boys first and have heard their stories about how active little boys can be. I never completely understood what they meant until I had my own.
He is naughty.
He is a darling.
And he has stolen my heart.
Emmy makes my life easy. Jack makes life interesting.
They both make Tim's and my life complete.
Emmy loved her bottles.
Jack throws them at me.
When I would carelessly put things within reach of Emmy when she was Jack's age, I never had to worry about her grabbing them. Jack sees it as an opportunity to throw something on the ground.
Emmy was never very good at naps when she was a baby, and some days it was a fight to the finish to get her to sleep. All I have to do with Jack is lay him in bed, give him his blanket, and he is out within seconds. This may be due to the fact that all of his waking moments are spent harassing his mommy and causing trouble :)
I have friends that had boys first and have heard their stories about how active little boys can be. I never completely understood what they meant until I had my own.
He is naughty.
He is a darling.
And he has stolen my heart.
Emmy makes my life easy. Jack makes life interesting.
They both make Tim's and my life complete.








5 comments:
Boys are harder in the trouble category, but they tend to make you laugh more too. I LOVE the differences between boys and girls. It's what God intended and it makes me smile. And Jack is no exception; he makes me laugh because innocent naughtiness is one of the funniest things in the world (especially when I don't have to deal with the consequences and just get to watch)!
So keep it up Jack, I love to laugh :)
Oh man, I could go on for hours about the naughtiness, and craftiness of boys! I thought it was just Spencer, part of his personality, but then having Kameron, I am now learning this is how boys are! I remember feeling so proud of Ryan for installing the safety latches on our kitchen drawers, and Spencer had them figured out within minutes. I can't even recall the number of toilet paper rolls we've gone through, and how many times I've had to take Kameron out of the toilet and wash him up! However, they are so funny, and incredibly clever! Spencer can come up with some very interesting ways to get what he wants. It can be so frustrating as they get older though because they understand more, and we feel like we just repeat ourselves all day long! And, Kameron is one huge walking scab with so many bruises I can't even count!!! Try and enjoy it as much as you can. It gets very frustrating at times, but I wouldn't have it any other way! Just think, I've got a 3rd little sneak on the way!
LOL!!! As I was reading this, I thought of what I say to PJ all the time..."Ugh, you are such a boy." I'm trying to decide what I would prefer...the moody but obedient girl OR the mischievous boy. I would never trade my moody but obedient girl for anything, but I love it when she gets into things and explores. Except, I have to show her to do it. She's gotten better at opening drawers and stuff on her own now. Sounds like Jack is a little stinker but such a cutie!! Guess you have to have at least one that keeps you on your toes right??
Hahaha! What a cute little troublemaker. Can't believe he will be one soon. He just looks too tiny still!(and i say tiny in looks, not in biggness...seeing as he is bigger than abby. Like most babies.)
Oh, the differences. It's a good thing you had a girl first. Anna has learned SO much from Eli. Yep, she's a girl in so many ways, but she's also a little mini Eli. Maybe it's just because she's a red head:) They sure do steal our hearts though.
Post a Comment