Saturday, July 27, 2013

Welcome! Let's Take a Tour...

Well...we've been here a week!!!

Other than some  major homesickness...I think we're doing okay.  
Oh, and the homesickness is on my part.  Not Tim's.  
He doesn't miss any of you :)

So, after much anticipation...because I'm sure all of you have had nothing better to do all week than think of what my cute little house in Middlesboro, Kentucky looks like...here it is!  

Let's take a tour, shall we?

{Welcome}


Please, come in!  I've been expecting you :)


{Guest Room/Computer Room/Tim's 
Home Study Pad}


{Living Room - Angle #1}


{Living Room - Angle #2}


{Living Room - Angle #3}


{Kitchen - Angle #1}


{Kitchen - Angle #2}


{Kitchen - Angle #3}


{Bedroom - Angle #1}


{Bedroom - Angle #2}


{Bedroom - Angle #3}


{Tim's and My Bathroom}


{Staircase - Downstairs View}


{Staircase - Upstairs View}


{Jack's Room - Terrible Picture of Angle #1}


{Jack's Bedroom - Angle #2}


{Playroom}


{Emmy's Room - Angle #1}


{Emmy's Room - Angle #2}


{HUGE Upstairs Bathroom - Angle #1}


{HUGE Upstairs Bathroom - Angle #2}


A few things I skipped taking pictures on because I didn't want to completely bore you with your tour...

1.  The laundry room.  It's just like every other laundry room...except it's soooo amazing, I didn't want to take a picture of it and make any of you jealous.  Hahaha :)
2.  Besides Emmy's bedroom...the HUGE closets in every bedroom as well as a closet under the stairs, a closet upstairs in the hall, and then another storage room upstairs that is HUGE.  We have plenty of space...it's awesome!
3.  The yard.  There's a LOT of bugs.  Big ones.  I avoid going outside if I can :)
4.  Jack's bed.  For some reason, I didn't get his bed in any of the angles of his room.  But, he does have one.  I promise.  Oh, and there is a set of bunk beds in his room....so if anyone ever wants to visit (hint, hint) we have PLENTY of beds. 
5.  Our back porch.  I just was to lazy to take a picture.  Sorry folks.  

The first few days were hard because everything was all a jumble and there were boxes and messes everywhere.  The kids were champs.  With all the chaos and confusion, they did so well and they've adjusted better than I could have ever expected.  Now that everything is finally put together, life is becoming more routine, and getting easier as we're getting back into our daily schedule.

I've cried every day.  I miss home.  I miss my mom and dad.  I miss my friends.  I miss the places that I'm familiar with.  I miss Utah.

But...I have felt nothing but comfort and peace since we've arrived.  I know we're here for a reason.  I know Heavenly Father needs us here, and I know that He has already sent people into our lives to help make this transition for our family easier, and for that, I am incredibly grateful.  

We miss you all!  Please keep us updated on any new things with you and your families.  
And for goodness sake...come and visit!  :)

6 comments:

Kari said...

So like...how many rooms is that? That place seems so big! And of course it's adorable with your decorating skills. Hopefully we'll make it up there sometime soon! And you're not supposed to be homesick yet! It's still supposed to just feel like a vacation for this first part. Well, we miss you guys already too, so I guess it's ok :)

Caitlin said...

Wow! You have a great house. And trust you to have it all cute. Someday my house will be cute. Once I learn how to make things cute. I love it, and hopefully we can come stay with you guys at some point. Miss you two!

Paul and Tammy said...

I love your cute house!! Guess I shouldn't be surprised that it only took a week for you to set everything up :) Glad you are starting to get into routine. Find out if your ward has a mom's play group, if not...start one! That'll get you through the hard days.

Lizz said...

What a perfect home! And already so put-together! You're amazing.

The Larchars said...

I'm blown away by how fast you decorate! Way to go! I've been here a year and STILL can't figure out how to hang things up on the walls the way I want to. Much of it is because I want to do all kinds of fancy trim work first, but STILL... way to go!!! It's a charming place, and I hope you love it!!! Gorgeous cabinetry, and I love the bedrooms! Hopefully we'll get to come see you in sometime soon. Hugs!!!

Mandy said...

Your home is ADORABLE!! My goodness, and my daughter has the same bedspread. I hope med school is treating y'all well.....hang in there and hang out with lots of mommas and do lots of playgroups. :) We move in a year and this post makes me excited to find a cute one like y'all did.