I often find myself getting frustrated with my 3 year old daughter.
Then, I remind myself that she's only 3...and then I get frustrated with myself.
She's not 18.
She can't function like an adult.
She's still learning.
Be patient.
It's been a lot harder since we've moved away and I don't have some of the same outlets that I use to. Such as going to Target, having lunch with friends, letting my mom take her for a little while, having Tim around to help out as much as he use to, having lots and lots of places to go and visit within just a few minutes...things I took for granted.
But, it's not just me. This move affected Emmy...and it's selfish of me to even begin to think that it's been easy for her. Her whole world was turned upside down. We still don't have a regular, set routine. We're working on it. My children crave routine.
She really has been a rockstar. She's such a good big sister. She loves to help me. She loves to be with me. She just has a hard time listening...because she's 3.
She's 3.
Not 18.
Tonight, she made me smile.
She made me laugh right out loud.
For several minutes.
And then...because she made me laugh, her whole face lit up like making me laugh was the best thing in her entire world.
Sooo...I thought I'd share with you our conversation...
Understand...this took place in the bathroom. As she was sitting on the potty. Doing her business.
Just be warned.
We've had issues with Emmy and her pooping habits. She has to have medicine every other day to help her go. Otherwise, she is miserable. It's not a fun thing. The medicine has made it easier, and a much better experience. She's no longer afraid to go poop.
That being said...sometimes she still doesn't poop for a couple days. Tonight we were going on day three. So, we went and sat on the potty.
After a few minutes, she was able to go.
We always make sure to make a big deal about it.
Kids love that.
Well...as you can imagine...three days of no poop equals great amounts of poop that needs to come out.
There was a lot.
She was proud :)
As we were waiting for her to finish...she pulled up her jammie top, peaked over her belly looking into the toilet and declared, "Look mommy, it's a family! There's a daddy, a mommy, and lot's of babies!"
I couldn't help but burst out laughing. My child's imagination has now surpassed anything I could have ever thought possible. She creates things with her poop. That's pretty impressive.
Especially for a 3 year old :)








5 comments:
Ha ha ha!! That made me laugh out loud too. What a silly girl. I find that I also have to remind myself that Lily is not an adult or even old enough to understand a lot of things. It's hard!! She was a lot younger when we moved though so I can only imagine what Emmy is going through right now. Hang in there!
Cute Emmy, how we miss her. Lydia has quite the imagination herself and I miss seeing those two together.
And I have to try to remember to remind myself that Lydia is only 4 years old all the time too.
HAHAHA! I had nearly this exact conversation with my oldest. She also had some plugged up issues, we spent a lot of time in the bathroom.
Hahahahaha! Oh I miss cute little Emmy.
haha that is hilarious!
Post a Comment