It's been awhile.
I'd really like to be good at this whole blogging thing...but being a med school student's wife
kinda wears me out. So, yeah...sorry about that.
This post is entirely about Emmy.
Since we've moved, she's been a real champ. She LOVES Kentucky. She LOVES our house. She LOVES everything that we have the opportunity to do here. We stay super busy. Which is good.
I'm just gonna share an overload of pictures for you :). I've had some complaints that I don't post enough pictures...sooooo, here ya go.
(now don't go complaining that I've posted too many!!)
One of the first weeks in October, our little town that we live in had a fall festival. It was a lot of fun. They closed down a portion of the main road, and set up all sorts of booths, rides, and entertainment. It was about two blocks from our house, so it was fun to see the set up of everything. Emmy was super excited to go and check things out. So, Saturday after conference, we headed down to check out the festivities, road on some rides, and Emmy even won an amazing pony blow up prize by catching a shark on a hook.
Right before my mom came to visit, we were able to get Emmy signed up for a princess night at Chick-fil-a in Morristown, about an hour from where we live. So, one day, while my mom was here, we drove down, got Emmy all dressed up in her Cinderella dress and enjoyed the evening. It was SO much fun! And besides the food (thanks mom!!), it was entirely free. Not only did they have the restaurant decorated with all things princess and elegance, they had Cinderella and her prince walking around. We were served at our table, treated like royalty, and then after we finished eating, we went outside and joined in on some princess activities that they had set up. Emmy was able to make a princess necklace, color some princess pictures, paint a princess ornament, and jump in a castle bounce house before going on a limo ride around town. It. Was. Amazing. She had soo much fun...and, quite honestly, so did I :)
She was a bit obsessed with the Chick-fil-a cow. Even more than Cinderella.
Because she played and played and jumped and jumped in the bounce house castle, she was the very last one to go for a ride in the limo. Which was awesome, because the Chick-fil-a cow decided she'd ride with us too!!
We also had LOTS of opportunities to dress up in our Halloween costumes this year. The Student Advocate Associate for the spouses of the med students put on a fall festival every year. They have all sorts of fun activities for the families. Emmy was able to get her face painted, paint her very own pumpkin, play all sorts of games winning lots of candy, and make a sand pumpkin necklace. I participated in the chili cook off with my delicious white chicken chili. I came in second place...which really should have been first place...but because everyone was buying bowls of my soup, they ran out of mine first, making it impossible for people to taste it and vote for it! Lame!! It's okay, I'll take second place :)
We also had a ward fall harvest festival that was a lot of fun too. REALLY cold, but we had fun. As part of it, we were able to go on a hay ride and see all the pretty fall colors. Emmy loved it. On Halloween, our amazing librarian, Miss Cindy, put on a really cute Halloween party for the kids that go to story time. She had everyone come dressed in their costumes, we had treats, made cute trick-or-treating bags, and went on a scavenger hunt through the library looking for goodies. Again, Emmy loved it. Halloween is by far her favorite holiday. So, of course, she was in heaven :)
That night, we had our traditional Halloween night feast of delicious home made cheese soup before dressing the kids up one more time to go trick-or-treating with Daddy. I'm quite proud of Emmy's costume. I made it with the help of my amazing friend Katie who can sew pretty much anything :). It was a surprise for Emmy, so she was super excited to be dressing up as Rainbow Dash from My Little Pony.
On a weekly basis, Emmy looks forward to going to joy school with her friends on Monday, tumbling class on Tuesday, playgroup on Wednesday, and story time on Thursday. She amazes me with all the things she is learning and doing. She is still very much our little princess.
She loves going on nature walks and discovering leaves, rocks, sticks, bugs...you name it. She still loves Disney princesses, but she's also a huge fan of My Little Pony. I often can catch her signing and dancing in her room, which I love :). She has an AMAZING imagination which I couldn't be happier about, and she loves to make and create things.
When I'm cleaning, she wants to be cleaning with me. When I'm getting ready for the day, she wants to be getting ready with me. When I'm folding laundry, she wants to fold. When I'm doing dishes, she wants to help. She is such a fantastic big sister, and loves Jack more than I could have possibly ever imagined.
I am incredibly grateful that she's mine.
At night, after we've sang our songs, said prayers, and read a book...Tim and I have a special saying that we tell her every night. It's meant just for her, so she will know how much we love her. Part of the saying includes us telling her she is a child of God. That part of the saying is by far her favorite, and is most important to her. There have been times that we've been interrupted while we've been doing our bedtime ritual, and she always reminds us if we have forgotten to tell her that she is a child of God.
I am so grateful that Heavenly Father has given her to me.
She makes me mad.
She makes me smile.
She makes me cry.
She makes me laugh.
She gives me more happiness than I could have ever known.
I am lucky to be her Mommy.












4 comments:
She is so stinkin cute!! I laughed when I saw the picture of her squeezing the cow...so funny! I'm so glad you guys are staying super busy. I'm sure that makes being away much easier.
You're such a good mom. This made my heart hurt and I miss you guys so much. Lydia asks about Emmy all the time and surprisingly Ammon asks about Jack too. (I never knew how much my boy knew until he started talking...it's a lot!)
I'm glad that Emmy has gotten good use of her Cinderella dress and that princess night sounds awesome. You guys do sound really busy but maybe you could fit some time in to video chat with us? I know Lydia would love some one on one time with Emmy!
ps. Now I want a post on Jack! We miss that little boy! There's a boy that is in our ward that looks just like him except for the curly hair and it makes me miss Jack every Sunday.
pps. In no way were there too many pictures. I loved it!
ppps. Sorry this comment turned into a novel.
You have been doing such fun things with Emmy! And my goodness she is so beautiful. I swear she has turned into a little girl these past few months. Not so much a toddler anymore. Well, she is but you know what I mean. I miss you guys and can't wait to see you in less than a month!
So fun! You are a good mom. I should take my girls out to do more things, but most of the time we don't have a car and so are homebodies. Emery is adorable!
Post a Comment