Jackson
Also fondly known in our house as Jack, Jack Jack, Jackers, Jackie, Mister, Mister Sir,
and...Naughty Little Boy.
For those of you who have forgotten what Jack looked like before we moved 5 months ago...
here he is. On the airplane to Kentucky.
He looks so little. So innocent. So sweet.
Don't let the smile and the cute little face fool you.
He is darling, yes.
But...he's naughty.
VERY naughty.
And I love him.
Oh heavens, I love him!!
Because of how busy his body is all day long, he often falls asleep in his high chair during lunch. So...I'll snap quick pictures of his peaceful side...when he's dreaming and not getting into something and causing trouble :)
He also hasn't learned how to not make messes. Instead, he tries to get as messy as he possibly can.
On purpose, I'm sure.
Also...a lot of his pictures are taken while he's contained...like in his carseat, the stroller, a high chair...
or a jail cell.
A couple weeks ago, you may have seen a Facebook post by me about how disgusting this little boy is. My status went something like this:
Signs that my son is disgusting: #1 Upon entering his room this morning, I found him completely naked with poop all over his hands, legs, and face. #2 While bathing our dog this morning, Jack scooped up a cup of the grayish soapy water and drank it. #3 While loading the dishwasher this morning, Jack leaned down and slurped up some type of disgusting liquid that had dripped from the top rack onto the open door of the dishwasher...and finally #4 After switching out laundry loads, I walked back into the kitchen to discover Jack eating something he had pulled out of the garbage can.
All of those things happened in the time frame of 2 1/2 hours. Just a typical day as Jack's Mommy. Never a boring moment :)
He's started saying more and more words, and he's learning new things everyday. He's also picked up a terrible habit from his sister of answering "why" to everything I say.
It drives me nuts.
This past week he's discovered he can jump. He absolutely loves it...and has a look of
complete astonishment every time he accomplishes it...which is then followed by several jumps all in a row.
His favorite things are his blanket, his puppy, and being naughty.
I think being naughty is his absolute favorite.
He loves crackers, milk, chicken, cheese, and pickles to name a few...and then spitting everything out, four or five times before finally swallowing it. See...that just goes along with his disgusting side.
He sings with us at night when we sing our songs, he folds his arms with us when we say prayer, and he hates it when his big sister is sad. He'll try to comfort her in anyway that his little almost two year old body can.
He loves to wave at people, and objects. It doesn't matter if they're living or not.
He has the best "frustrated" face in the entire world.
And as naughty as my little man is...he makes me laugh every single day.
He gives the best hugs. Seriously. He squeezes tight, lets go, gives you a smile, and then leans in for another.
And when he says "Mommy", it completely melts my heart.
He's my little boy...and although he gives me much more grief than I can handle some days,
I'm so grateful he's mine.















2 comments:
Jcakson my Jackson. Haha. Thought you might miss that song. He is so cute!! I know it's different when you're the mommy, but his trouble-making makes me smile. If I have a boy, and he causes me grief, I will look to you for advice! Love him!
Oh Jackson. He's SO big! It makes me so sad! I wish I could hear him talk. And Ammon also asks why after EVERY.SING.THING.I.SAY. Drives me crazy.
I love naughty boys. They are so cute and endearing and frustrating and loveable. Thanks for these posts. Miss that little man!
Post a Comment