Saturday, January 11, 2014

Memory of the Week

I'm terrible at taking/posting pictures.  
I always have been.

So, I thought I'd try something new, and start a post each week of a picture that I've taken. 
I'm also not the best picture taker...but sometimes, it' the memory that goes along with the picture that makes it special.  At least for me anyway :)

I took these yesterday  morning as I laid in bed watching my kids laugh and play with one another.
Emmy had crawled in bed with me at 8:30, snuggled right up and started watching Magic School Bus on the iPad.  I dozed off for about a half hour and then heard Jack jumping up and down in his crib upstairs.  It's been cold in our house in the mornings, and our wood floors are freezing, so I had to work up the courage to head up to his room and get him.  He wasn't crying or anything, just jumping. 

As usual, he greeted me with his cheesy "Good Morning Mommy" grin, held his arms out to me, and then ran into the playroom to begin his ritual of tearing everything organized apart.  I headed back downstairs, climbed back in bed with my Emmy, only to hear Jack a few minutes later heading down the stairs followed by thud, thud, thud as he went.

Moments later, he ran into the room carrying the bucket of dinosaurs that he loves to play with, followed by a "peese, peese, peese" to have me open them...after which he promptly dumped them all on the floor next to my bed.  Emmy joined him shortly after, and they played like that for about twenty minutes.  Jack lining up the dinosaurs next to my body, Emmy making dinosaur sounds and asking me what dinosaurs were what.  

It's moments like these that make me grateful I'm a Mommy.
Even on the worst of days, I can't imagine my life any other way. 



2 comments:

Kari said...

I think this is a great idea! Then I won't be able to complain about not enough posts or pictures...well maybe I'll complain less ;)

I love seeing the pictures of the kids and hearing about them since we miss them so much!

Caitlin said...

I think this is a fabulous idea too! And what a sweet moment shared with your cute kids!